JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, picking up my new Unlimited Rubi (in tank, natch) Monday. First jeep in 25 years. I want my first round of tires to be smooth riding in the city till i get my bearings and grow a little peach fuzz to start off-roading with actual men. So, prolly a complete hater question, but what are the best city tires (and wheels?) for my new non-lifted Rubi for highway and smooth driving? thanks! and looking forward to more manly questions as i go...:)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just keep the stockers on.....very road friendly, and if you venture off-road, or encounter tough weather, they are good security......no need to waste money on slicks.....when they wear out, you'll be ready for 35's anyway.

·
Registered
619 Posts
nitto/falcon/bfg/toyo/goodyear/ all terrains.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Howdy, picking up my new Unlimited Rubi (in tank, natch) Monday. First jeep in 25 years. I want my first round of tires to be smooth riding in the city till i get my bearings and grow a little peach fuzz to start off-roading with actual men. So, prolly a complete hater question, but what are the best city tires (and wheels?) for my new non-lifted Rubi for highway and smooth driving? thanks! and looking forward to more manly questions as i go...:)
I wheeled plenty with the stock rubi tires. Keep them and go wheel!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Super Swamper Boggers mounted to some RockStars. Sweet set up.:gluging:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Buy a set of non-rubicon takeoff wheels/tires from someone who upgraded. Probably cheaper than new tires, and they will have wheels too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts