JKOwners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
10,310 Posts
I have the XD Sub-compact and Kahr CM9 in a 9MM. the XD is a little too large to CC, the Kahr is perfect for my needs. Has great reviews and shoots great, the trigger pull takes a little getting used to, but once you've shot a few rounds it does well. I had a crimson laser installed, and accuracy is perfect at 20'-25'. Without it, I'm all over the place.
my cm9 is my EDC too.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Does anyone have one of these SCCY 9mm handguns? From the reviews I have read, the cpx-2 looks to be a great guns for the price. I'm considering picking one up shortly.

http://www.sccy.com/

·
Registered
5 Posts
I shoot a Glock 19, but have been extremely impressed with the Walther PPQ. Great feel and great shooting gun.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
something to think about on the walther. it is a top discharge weapon so the brass can come back and hit you in the face while firing if the adjustment get out.

I went and rented one when i was looking and had hot bras bounce off my safety glasses more then one time.

I found my S&M M&P and i use it for CC and love it, not to heavy and easy enough to carry and hide. and still has the 18 round mags in the shooters kit ,if your not in a state that don't allow it. fires very nice and if you can hold it the barrel don't flip to bad. .40 cal might if you go that route . they have the different sizes mine is the full size. the shield is basically the same thing but a sub compact i believe.
also has the grips that will allow you to make it fit your hand better.

just points i found when looking . and my 0.02

·
Registered
388 Posts
has anyone tried the new remington r51? it is relatively inexpensive and all the reviews i'm reading say it is really easy to shoot.

·
Registered
10,310 Posts
something to think about on the walther. it is a top discharge weapon so the brass can come back and hit you in the face while firing if the adjustment get out.

I went and rented one when i was looking and had hot bras bounce off my safety glasses more then one time.

just points i found when looking . and my 0.02
Hasn't happened once to me in over 2000 rounds though my ppq.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HK or Glock

For CC, I think that the G19 is the hands down winner. The Springfield XD and Smith & Wesson M&P have a strong following, but my vote is the Glock.

I gave up on SIG when they started making the stainless slides on aluminum frames. I wore three frames out and despite SIG's excellent customer service and willingness to keep replacing frames, I switched to the Glock. The all stainless SIG is a great competition gun, but too heavy for CC.

·
Registered
1 Posts
polymer gun= Glock 17/19/34
metal gun = Sig P226

Springfield XDs JUNK ( triggers suck, grip safety?? wtf, why? )
Kimber JUNK ( 1100 bucks for a weapon with a plastic back strap, yea FU. What idiot moves from OR to NY to build guns??)
Berettas JUNK (shitty DA/SA. bad frames, stuck with factory sights or spend$$$$)

Just my .02. I run what I run, you do the same I dont care.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Guns

My input, I'm on my second Glock, Model 23-- 40 cal. No issues, first one was stolen in yr. 2000( long story, inside job)... Put 1'000's of rounds thru them, no issues, but I don't use re-loads....Also for my pocket carry, Ruger LCP 380, pretty nice, fun shooting, size of a cell phone... The Glock fits great in my hand, shooting is on the money. Just need to get used to the pull of the trigger, after the first round, it's ready, better prigger pull..Always liked the Glocks, beat them up, water, very simple to clean, very basic.....BUT, when round is chambered,, they are ready to mean business! NO external safety's. Safety is as always, on any handgun, keep off the trigger until ready to fire, that's the rule! Just my opinion, luv um' all! Stay safe.

·
Registered
10,310 Posts
it all comes down to what fits your hand. someone may hand you the BEST shooting 9mm on the planet, but if it doesn't fit your hand you won't understand why they love it.

which is how i am with glocks. i'm just not a fan. well, that and the grip angle and i'm not wild about the trigger...

my wife however, she really likes her G26.

i'm a huge FN guy and the FNS in my opinion is the best bang for buck. night sights, and now you can get it without a safety (like a glock) for under 500 bucks. and it comes with 3 mags.

i have a walther PPQ that has their insane trigger in it too. you can triple tap the reset is so good on it.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Just started carrying 2 months ago- 9mm M&P Shield. Perfect size for me to carry. I've only put 600 rounds down the pipe, but not a single issue with any of those rounds.

·
Registered
398 Posts
My opinion would be CZ 75 (or Duty Series). I have shot many Glocks, Smiths, a Kimber, an FN, Hi Power and some others, the CZ just feels so good in my hand. Plus the slides rides inside the frame. That means less recoil (better follow up shots) and better accuracy. the only down side to the slide inside the frame is putting it into battery takes a little more motor skills. I say CZ, or BHP

·
Registered
137 Posts
It's not the most collectible of Browning High Power pistols, but the Mark III is very well balanced, reliable as a nine pound hammer and shoots like a dream. Not the most concealable of pistols, but it's relatively thin and once put to task you'd be hard pressed to find a better shooting pistol. The CZs are a BHP clone with couple of improvements and are great shooters as well. I've bought, sold and traded many modern and antique firearms over the years, and the ONLY gun I've ever regretted letting go of was a mint late 80s era Mark III. Too damn hard to find a good replacement at a reasonable price these days.

For a sweet shooting concealed carry look for a 90s era S&W from their Performance Center. A Shorty in 9mm or the 9 Recon will not be easy to find, or a bargain when you do, but it's well worth the effort. They're like buying a custom 1911 with all the bells and whistles from the factory, only in 9mm or 40.

Have fun with your search.

·
Registered
575 Posts
BEST ANSWER I"VE READ so far in this thread. It's the only CORRECT answer as well.

it all comes down to what fits your hand. someone may hand you the BEST shooting 9mm on the planet, but if it doesn't fit your hand you won't understand why they love it.
I personally like Glocks wife hates them she prefers 1911's to fit her small tiny hands.

Before we bought hers we went and I had her try a big variety of them to see which she liked the best. As soon as she held the 1911 she knew it was meant to be for her. She hates how wide the glock is but loves how skinny the 1911 is, at the same time though she likes a full size heavy as hell 1911?

My experience, I thought I wanted a Sig as that is what we were issued at the time for the team I was attached to. Was a blackwater training tried quite a fer different pistols, wanted nothing to do with a Glock. as I though it was some stupid gangster wannabe gun. As soon as I shot it I was hooked.

Go to a gun store with a range that rents guns. Try the ones you are interested in then pick from there. Hell ask around at the range to shoot others guns. I've never been turned down trying someone elses weapon nor have I ever turned down letting someone try mine. If you bring your wife everyone will let her shoot theirs. Same when I bring my daughter to the range.

For carrying concealed I really do like to use her compact 1911, I use the inside the wast band holster and it's great. For open carry I'll use whatever I feel like carrying that day.

On the Kimber I'm with the other guy who dislikes them. Yea they sound good on paper with their marketing but there are WAY WAY better 1911's out there for the same price. Kimber is far far from top of the line like they claim to be. I can't find the article but MARSOC tried to use Kimber and they failed. Kimbers response was they were not meant to be fired as much as they were being used. They were made for the occasional plinker who wants a pretty gun to sit on the shelf so they can brag they have a Kimber and use it occasionally or some such garbage. Basically the mall crawler of the 1911 world.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Definitely do not overlook the CZ line when you are trying pistols. I switched from HK to CZ and it was like going from driving a mid size 4 door sedan to driving in nascar, The gun just performs but are less expensive than sig, hk, and other well known brands. machining is not as refined but omg what a trigger once it is broken in. the 75 sp01 is my daily carry and my competition gun. you probably have already purchased something since the op was some time ago but figured I would share since I haven't been here in a while.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts