JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a 4 minute video from underneath my JK from one day of wheeling. Watching this was a real eye-opener, proving that not only do we need to protect our undercarriages, but the JK's can take a lot of abuse. The skinny pedal isn't the answer and I'm amazed I haven't had any large mechanical failures out on the trail after seeing what goes on down there.

Let the :shitstorm: begin.

Underneath a JK Off-Roading - Pure Chaos! - YouTube

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
That was pretty fucking cool... I kept waiting for some big ass boulder to appear, slam your rear axel and then destroy the camera. Obviously it didnt happen. I like the idea behind that, i would like to see more, maybe multiple angles. The abuse is definitely intense. A few times it looked like your brake cables were going to get pulled out. Look forward to more..

Sent from a Marine powered telecommunication device...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Very cool. I did the same thing but had the camera pointed at the front axle looking back. Got some video of getting the axle hung up on boulder. Defintely made me cringe.

I would suggest rerouting your parking brake cables underneath that cross memeber. Looks dangerously close to pulling out?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Before this video I removed the brake cable bracket. You guys with big lifts, how do you remedy their length on max droop? I have only 2" of lift.

Next time I'll mount the camera up front to show what tie rods go through.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Lolz I was just going to comment on the Cable bracket. I wanted to stuff a go-pro under the jeep and wheel it up but now I kinda know. i want to do it somewhat forward so you can see what is coming and how the front end handles it. Cool vid!

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
Are you locked? Or just a wheel spinnin' fool? :lol:

·
Registered
10,344 Posts
got any pics of the trail?

i always shake my head when guys say "i'm building it without any rock crawling in mind". That vid shows just how much stuff can come into contact with components underneath.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
got any pics of the trail?

i always shake my head when guys say "i'm building it without any rock crawling in mind". That vid shows just how much stuff can come into contact with components underneath.
I have handheld footage of the trails which I'm putting together right now.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I'm glad you did this. I was going to strap my midget cousin under the Jeep and have him describe what was going on. I decided it wouldn't work, since he really doesn't know shit about cars and stuff.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.