JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read how there r jks coming off the trucks with 1.5 camber issues. So I want to see hat y'all think about my situation.

I bought a jk lifted on 37s and yes it has been wheeled. I could see the tires where leaning a good bit. So I changed the balljoints and bearings went with poly joints and parts store bearings. I just took it to the shop to align it and it has 1.3 worth of camber on the passenger long side tube. Do any of u street drive Ur jks with this much lean in Ur tires. It drives fine but it is noticeable if u look at it. I can install some clam shell sleeves and some gussets on the Cs and can probobly pull the tube a little straighter when I do it. I can also pull the axle and put it in a laithe and true it up that way but is going to be a weeks worth of work. Opinions info links I will appreciate all.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had adjustable moog balljoints installed. Installed correctly labor $500.Parts Adjustable pair $160, Regular upper Moog's $120 = Total cost $780 its up to you. I just couldn't swing a Pro-Rock 44 right now

·
Registered
10,329 Posts
I had adjustable moog balljoints installed. Installed correctly labor $500.Parts Adjustable pair $160, Regular upper Moog's $120 = Total cost $780 its up to you. I just couldn't swing a Pro-Rock 44 right now
HOLY SHIT dude.

that should have been 160 in parts and 40 bucks for the balljoint press that you got back when you returned it to the parts store.

fuck me, 800 bucks for adjustable ball joints...

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,650 Posts
I was pondering this last night.

Really and truly, with the small amount that these axles tend to be "bent", normal tire rotations will keep the tires from wearing on the edges. You should be rotating MTs every 3K miles as it is.

Look at all the vehicles in the world with a little camber built into the suspension for handling purposes for example.

I'd leave it alone and keep an eye on my tires. I don't think there's a 0 camber solid axle in the world...but that's just my opinion.

Marcus

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
River I'm kind of where U are on this issue I rotate every 3000 and they have been fine for 10000 miles now. Also we race track cars and street cars that regularly have 1.5- 2"s of camber in them without issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.