JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not much at picture taking but when I look at it from the front, the negative camber is very pronounced. When looking at it from the rear siting along the back tire, it looks like it sticks out at the bottom about 3/4 inch. Thats on a 35" tire. Maybe I just never noticed it before. I will be taking it tomorrow to have it checked. I guess my biggest question is if it is out, is there a way to fix it. Some of the older threads indicated that there was no way to adjust them and I couldn't find any thing on the Internet as far as adjustments. I figured if there was a way some of you guys would know.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
There is not a way to adjust the camber. If it is out of whack it is something bent like the C or the tube.

In your discription it sounded like it may just be the tire as they bulge out at the bottom and could appear as more of a "slant" on the outside

Could even be the tire deflecting if it is on a slanted surface.

I would say eyeballing it based on the tire probably won't be accurate. YOu could measure the distances between the two wheels (top and bottom) I suppose or an alignment shop would be ab;le to tell you.

Do you have any unsusual wear on your tires?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No unusual wear. I do not see a lot of pavement though. I'll find out for sure tomorrow. If it is out, hopefully it is the C. If it is a bent axle, I guess that will be a replacement. I wonder if they will replace that under warranty. Yeah right. Thanks for the info. By the way, You guys need to plan a trip out here.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
Out to NC? that seems kinda far. I am not sure if I haver enough beer for that drive.

What goes on in NC?

btw, the only way I know of for fixing a bent knuckle is a offset ball joint kit. I don't think any are being made for the jk yet though

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tellico, Callalantee orv, Gulches orv, uwharrie national forest. Lots going on in NC. I was figuring like an exchange trip. Fly out, use our jeeps then we fly out there and use your jeeps LOL. You guys got some good looking country out there and one of these days I will be coming out. Thanks again for the info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts