JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to know the rationale behind have extended rear links in the rear, ie. why they are needed on a lifted rig.

Currently at 2.5 inches of lift, and running stock rear sway bar links, curious as to what would be the expected gains after adding them.

Thanks...

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I'd have to imagine for more axle droop when flexing since most people don't run the rear disco'd. Although there are plenty I've heard of removing the read sway altogether too.

Sent from my cardboard box using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
If your rear sway bar is close to parallel, there is no real gain to be had. Unless you can manage to have enough articulation to straighten them out (not likely). If your bar isn't very parallel, there can be a small noticeable gain in resistance to body roll by longer links to make it parallel...but it's pretty negligible.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So there really not worth the money is what your saying? hahhaa. I didnt think so, I can imagine being at lift heights above 3.5, 4 inches, but where I am at I dont think I would notice much...

The reason I asked is because my front suspension feel good, its nice and plush, you could say "floaty" which is the way I like it. On road at least. But the rear, going over bumps, its almost like a pick up truck. The back end will fly in the air and then slam down. Especially over speed bumps. Its not to the point of me wondering if my shocks are toast or anything like that, but the ride quality of the rear is no where near where the front is....trying to determine if there is something I could do

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
They are just transferring motion. They aren't really restrictive when it comes to all out articulation and as long as it's relatively parallel to the ground..there isn't much of a benefit to change them at all. It definitely has nothing to do with speed bumps. That would me more toward control arm angle, shock angle, shock valving and spring rates. Most common for a complaint like that would be shock valving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.