JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cargo/heavy bumper/hard top/hi-lift and people in the back can sure change your perspective! Don't be in a rush to change it

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I prefer some rake. I hate the dog taking a shit look. my 3.5" AEV lift is mostly level and yesterday I decided to throw some RK wedges in back and that actually gave me my rake back.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I usually spot and my wife drives and even with the seat pumped all the way up she would always say "I can't see in front." Moved the CB off of the dash to a roof mount and next size up on the rear springs and it's crazy how much better you can see.

·
Registered
188 Posts
mine sits about 1-1/2" lower in the front and I prefer it that way as well from the standpoint of loading gear/personnel in the rear and for site lines

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had about 300 lbs of luggage and family in the back and the leveled out Jeep was dragging it's ass. Loaded up with gear was less pronounced but still obvious. The rake was purposely placed.

I added a one inch spacer. Made all the practical difference in the world.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree. Shortly after purchase I added the 2" factory lift and a grill guard. The steering isnt as precise and wanders more. The install was done at the dealer so everything (I presume) was done to spec. If there are any suggestions I am all ears. I liked the ass in the air better.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just switched from my AEV 3.5 springs which leveled my JKU to the MetalCloak 3.5 springs which gave me back the extra lift in the rear so when loaded i sit level and not dragging my ass.. much better

1 - 9 of 9 Posts