JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They fit great, look good, and keep most spills from ever reaching the carpet...that's the positive side. The NEGATIVE is this...When I received the floor liners, I actually thought that the pair might not be in the box. The package was so light-weight, but WOW, they were both in there. My first thought was- $60 (+ship) for these??? They fit so well and looked good so I was able to overlook this initially. The main problem was when the doors were off of the JK . Around 60-65mph, the pass side liner/ mat began to "hover" off of the floor...Not dangerous...until it began to take flight!! Luckily the "stay-put nibs" did their job by temporarily causing it to wedge itself between the pass seat and dash. By now, pea-size gravel and dirt was all over the console, seats, etc...My only solution was to pull off the hwy and place a (heavy) gun case on it to keep it in place. IF you plan on running your jeep w/o the doors, than make sure you have something heavy to secure them.

·
Registered
792 Posts
fix for flightly mats

I had the same problem. Went to HomeDepot and got small black bungy cords. I used two cords per mat. Clipped one side to the base of the front seat, wove it through the mat and clipped the other side to the legs of the rear seat. Repeat for both sides of each mat. They will not fall out...no matter what.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Factory carpeted mats do the exact same things.
unless you are trying to keep the carpet clean....

Yeah I noticed the same issue the first time I went door less so I put the small air compressor on top of the passenger mat when on the highway

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yeah I noticed the same issue the first time I went door less so I put the small air compressor on top of the passenger mat when on the highway
I was so concerned about them flying out I took them out. Now 10 months later I have no idea where I even put them. :D

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Has nothing to do with Husky...any carpet, I suppose, could "lift" when the top is down and the doors are off...I've never seen it happen to me, but I suppose it "could" happen...I have the Weathertec liners up front, and the Husky rear liners (Weathertec doesn't make them for the rear), as well as a Husky rear cargo liner...none have demonstrated Huey like behaviors at speed.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
I run minus top and doors a lot on the highway and my front has never been a problem, but on a windy day, the rears do their best to leave the jeep.
I used a couple of small bungees from homey depot to secure them and have been fine ever since.
Now the only topless/doorless issue the drastic decrease in MPG and power!
You think these things are un-aerodynamic WITH a top and doors......

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's just that, it's a lot of $$ to spend for something that is so cheaply made. I would expect the factory mats to fly away, but these have a price tag that makes you expect they are more heavy duty than they really are. It wouldnt have raised manuf cost too much to have made them a bit thicker. Obviously, JK owners will want to go w/o doors at some point. Lots of other aftmkt products do the same thing...Jack the cost to almost rediculous price, just cause there are so few other choices. I should look to see if these things are manuf in china and if thats the case, than manuf cost must be about $3 each. I also want other JK owners to spend money wisely...and know what they're gettin for the $$. I mean... Ralph Nader was well liked...wasnt he? oh yea, NOT!

A

·
0 Posts
Not only do they try to fly, they don’t last for ****. The sides of mine are all bent down after only a few thousand miles. I’m getting something else soon, these liners suck.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didnt want to bi**h too much but my drive side liner is also "folding in" ...from a few contacts with my feet while entering vehicle. Ive tried to straighten back into shape but it now has this "bowed-inward" thing goin on...which is exacerbated every time I contact it when getting in the jeep. Lotsa $$ for cheap crap...Sorry hUSKY, but true.

A

·
0 Posts
I didnt want to bi**h too much but my drive side liner is also "folding in" ...from a few contacts with my feet while entering vehicle. Ive tried to straighten back into shape but it now has this "bowed-inward" thing goin on...which is exacerbated every time I contact it when getting in the jeep. Lotsa $$ for cheap crap...Sorry hUSKY, but true.
They suck, plain and simple. Not the biggest problem ever but still annoying for what they cost.

·
Openly Hostile
6,981 Posts
I ran a bolt through my passenger side mat and the carpet cause mine about flew out on the highway...(stock ones) Hell, a couple weeks ago, all my rear carpet tried to fly out, haha. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Not only do they try to fly, they don’t last for ****. The sides of mine are all bent down after only a few thousand miles. I’m getting something else soon, these liners suck.
don't get catch all's the ones i got fit horrible. i was going to order some husky's but i guess they aren't any good either. doesn't leave many options...let me know what you get and how you like them ;)

·
Registered
411 Posts
i have catch-all floor mats. they are heavy enough that they don't fly out. they hold up well to power-washing, even though they are carpeted. if they stain, i don't notice it since they are black. the fit is good. i'd recommend them.

http://www.autoanything.com/floor-mats/64A1455A0A0.aspx
maybe that's my problem - i didn't get the carpeted version...mine are super thin and don't fit nicely to the contours of the floor.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
maybe that's my problem - i didn't get the carpeted version...mine are super thin and don't fit nicely to the contours of the floor.
i saw the non-carpeted ones (i think they are called the xtreme catch-alls) at a cabela's. i wasn't impressed with them - mainly because of how thin they are. i'm sure they are weather-proof though.
but mine are heavy enough to keep from flying around.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I have the Jeep brand slush mats with the tire tread. I had the Jeep slush mats for my '00 TJ and really liked them. When I got the JK skush mats I was sorta disapointed. They didn't seem to be as heavy or as durable as the TJ version but yet still pretty stout. But I do have to say, I am impressed at how well I like them now. I have no issues with the front ones at all. I have removed my carpet and they don't even hint at flying out on the highway while doorless and lidless. The rear on the other hand, if it wasn't one piece that went all the way across I'm sure it, or they it it were 2 pieces, would have flown out easily. As it is now, the rear just hovers about 4" above the floor at highway speeds but never leaves the Jeep.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts