JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In loveley SW florida. Caught in 83 seconds of torrential downpour then sun. I removed my top long ago and only have the Bestop mesh on. Got in the garage. About an hour later, i hear my horn start going off. I go out to the garage and it stops. I ask her what's wrong and .....nothing. I turn to go in and the horn starts again :shaking:. I feel like I am in the Christine movie.

I put her out in the sun. She starts up again. Short beeps, long beeps...whatever. Can't actually get it to happen again now.

Could water somehow have infiltrated the horn wiring and caused this? A little nerver racking, especailly when she answered me with the horn..Anyhting i can do or check, or just let her dry out?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Sounds like you rode her hard, and put her away wet. I love my Bestop Mesh Bikini, as if you drive above 25, nothing gets wet. Battery connections ok? I would take her out in the sun, open the hood, spray WD40 over the whole motor, start it up, and after warm up, close hood, take her out for a short spin. Water got in something, but could just be a ground issue arising. Were you driving in this downpour you speak of? or parked, then drove?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was in a store picking up something. I knew it was coming, but had to get the something. She was sitting still for about 60 seconds and then i took off. I was able to get on the other side of the rainstorm..again, lovely FL weather. You can drive around the showers most of the time. I think some rain went inside the steering column and got the connections wet. Have had her in the sun most of the day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts