JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at flares,bumpers,side steps.. jeep is black and wondering if it would look stupid to have all those parts painted with bedliner? also thought about using the raptor bedliner and spray it my self.. any thoughts or pics would help thanks

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,661 Posts
Welcome to JKO!

There are lots of us who swear by Rustoleum spray on bedliner. I have it on my Poison Spyder flares, Brawler Rockers, BFH front bumper, the tub behind the rocker armor, the fender wells, ect, ect. I love the stuff.

Here are a couple shots of my rocker armor being coated:

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
I would think the raptor liner would flake off fenders if you ever hit them on anything, and I am not a fan of bed liner as a substitute for paint on the exterior.

The rustoluem rattle can bed liner is more like a heavy duty matte finish paint with a light texture compared to other bed liners. It is very easy to touch up scrapes since it is a spray vs the raptor which uses a hardener and spray gun.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm pretty sure anything you put on rock guards or any panels for that matter are going to get scrapped from one end to the other.. Now you are in fact correct about the can stuff compared to the raptor liner. Much easier and cheaper to buy a rattle can than it is to pull out the air guns and stuff to do the raptor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.