JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Never heard of that before, looks good. I can find pricing on the bedrug seems like a fair price. Where did you find Bed Tred?? I did Monsta liner in my TJ but the smell was pretty strong for quite a while, seemed a little too hollow when you drove it.

You gotta review it if you do it pls.

Sean

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
I saw this product first hand in SEMA and I was interested in it for our 2012 because I have no desire to commit to bedliner in that thing.

It fits PERFECTLY and covers the entire floor and rear wheel wells. I was very impressed with it and I often find myself disappointed with products like this.

I wouldn't hesitate to spend the money on it if it suits your needs.

Marcus

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I totally agree. I never understood why a Wrangler has carpeting and not a rubberized floor. The product looks great and isn't pricey at all. A lot of mud here in NJ so I would like to have floor that's easy to clean.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I saw this product first hand in SEMA and I was interested in it for our 2012 because I have no desire to commit to bedliner in that thing.

It fits PERFECTLY and covers the entire floor and rear wheel wells. I was very impressed with it and I often find myself disappointed with products like this.

I wouldn't hesitate to spend the money on it if it suits your needs.

Marcus
I have been looking at this for a while and am glad you gave your opinion. I am the same way, it's a brand new rig and I don't want to commit to bedlining my daily driver. Think this stuff will help with transmission heat and extra road noise like most bedlined vehicles I have driven produce. Think I am going to have to bite the bullet on this one. Plus my dog sheds a ton and I am hoping this will be easier to vacuum than stock carpet in the JK.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
How does this stuff do if it gets really wet, like poured on rain, or swamped in a deep hole in the woods?

My fear with this kind of product is that it will trap water under neath it and actually cause more damage than not having it. Best case would be you have to remove it and dry out the tub, but then you might as well just keep the carpet in there. I've been running no carpet only floor mats for the better part of a year and its easy to clean and wash out when I need to. Eventually I will bedline it I guess but so far I don't see the need to except for one area. The floormats have started to wear away the paint when they slide around so I need to do something about that soon.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
How does this stuff do if it gets really wet, like poured on rain, or swamped in a deep hole in the woods?

My fear with this kind of product is that it will trap water under neath it and actually cause more damage than not having it. Best case would be you have to remove it and dry out the tub, but then you might as well just keep the carpet in there. I've been running no carpet only floor mats for the better part of a year and its easy to clean and wash out when I need to. Eventually I will bedline it I guess but so far I don't see the need to except for one area. The floormats have started to wear away the paint when they slide around so I need to do something about that soon.
I have the mopar rubber floor liner which is similar to the bed-tread. The jeep is mostly open for at least 6 months of the year, regularly gets filled with rain water and mud. Never had an issue with stuff not drying out underneath. Key is to leave the drainplugs in the floor out all the excess trapped underneath just drains out. I pull everything and rinse the tub once or twice a year and it's good as new.

·
Registered
925 Posts

I was thinking this same thing. How it would trap water.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I too am interested in either their Bed Tred or Bed Rug products. Seems quicker, cheaper, and easier than a spray in liner. It should insulate heat/noise better too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts