JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ripped the carpet out yesterday, gonna trim the fenders and do those, and also Finns take the padding off the roll cage and beeline that.. what's the best bang for you Buck guys? What kind of bedliner

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
340 Posts
I did linex but did it with a shiny coat on it so dirt can't get into it and it won't fade like regular liner. it'll stay shiny all the time and it easier to clean. it was extra but IMO worth it if it stays shiny and don't fade.

JK Neal

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
If you are doing it yourself I like the raptor liner. You can pick up the kit for just over $100, and then get the spray gun for about $15. It mixes and goes on very easy and looks great.

·
Registered
525 Posts
x2 on the U-POL Raptor Liner. I have used the others and this time going with the Raptor on new Jeep, should arrive today. You wont be sorry.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I'm doing raptor in august. Tjtools.com (I think that's the url) has it for 112 shipped including everything but the air compressor

Sent via Pony Express

·
Registered
602 Posts
I did the Raptor Liner (tptools.com $120). Absolutely love it!

I definitely see the value in Rhino or Line-X so if you have a local shop that is willing to give you a reasonable price I would go for that over any of the do-it-yourself kits. I made a few calls and the ones in the Phoenix area wanted between $900 and $1100 to just prep and spray. (I would still have to remove everything, but the driver seat.) So spending a couple days here and there and a couple hours spraying saved me about $800 going with the Raptor Liner. Its held up well too.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
iv'e got a complete 1/2 gal monstaliner kit for a 2dr paid $120 ill do $70 shipped pm me if interested...

·
Registered
489 Posts
I did the herculiner. I like it still and it was easy to do.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
I did the Raptor Liner (tptools.com $120). Absolutely love it!

I definitely see the value in Rhino or Line-X so if you have a local shop that is willing to give you a reasonable price I would go for that over any of the do-it-yourself kits. I made a few calls and the ones in the Phoenix area wanted between $900 and $1100 to just prep and spray. (I would still have to remove everything, but the driver seat.) So spending a couple days here and there and a couple hours spraying saved me about $800 going with the Raptor Liner. Its held up well too.

sorry i had to bring this back to life... so i am looking on the tptools.com website and the kit is $99... how much of this material do i need for a 4-door? or how much have people used... a buddy of mine and i are going to do this this weekend or next and we want to get the best coverage and thickness.... thanks in advance! :beer:

·
Registered
33 Posts
i did the raptor liner on my two door and still had two bottles left... i didnt lay it on super thick but for a four door the one kit should be enough.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Thank you!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've been looking at this u-pol kit. Just giving this thread a bump to see if any of the vendors here offer it. :beer:

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
I got mine done with linex, I got it done for $525 which isn't to bad IMO I love it, it is very easy to wash out the jeep now

·
Registered
602 Posts
sorry i had to bring this back to life... so i am looking on the tptools.com website and the kit is $99... how much of this material do i need for a 4-door? or how much have people used... a buddy of mine and i are going to do this this weekend or next and we want to get the best coverage and thickness.... thanks in advance! :beer:
I bought the kit with 4 bottles and the applicator gun for $116. I used all four bottles, but I would like to have had another two bottles for a little thicker application. Its holding up great. The only chipping is on the door sills at the edge, but that's my fault for short cutting the prep.

It's been over a year since we lined the tub and it still looks exactly the same.

When the mood strikes me, I'll order another 4 bottle set. I would like to cover more of the door sills and thicken up the floor.

You can see where I stopped in the pictures. In the future I would like to continue to the edges and up the sills.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Has anyone tried the lizard skin heat shield coating before applying their bedliner?

·
Registered
602 Posts
I looked into it. Stuff looked expensive and I couldnt find any evidence behind its use as a durable coating. Everything I found was for use under carpet or beneath the vehicle. And, could be the pics, but the finish didnt look like something I would have wanted.

Plus, only real articles I found were a couple years old, which tells me they probably sponsored the build and it really didnt matter how good/bad it was.

·
Registered
540 Posts
How hot would you say your interior gets with the upol raptor liner applied as apposed to when you had the carpet installed?

·
Registered
602 Posts
It's noticeable, but not uncomfortable.

The noise is increased slightly, but is likely from the removal of the carpet and the sound deadening that I chiseled off.

·
Registered
28 Posts
monstaliner from magnet paints seems to be a popular option on other forums also. I believe it is epoxy based and looks to hold up extremely well. Can be sprayed or rolled depending on the texture you are looking for.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
i am soooooooooooo ready to do this!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts