JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's running beadlocks and radial tires on their JK? What tire pressure do you run them at for rock crawling? I'd like to know brands and tire and wheel size.

I'm trying to determine if beadlocks and radials are worth it since bias ply tires have a stronger sidewall ,more tread on the sidewall and can be aired down close to nothing.

My radials without beadlocks seem to run best at 12psi maybe 10psi at times, on the rocks. Anything less than that, I'm looking at sidewall tears or a busted bead.

I have Procomp 7028 wheels 17 x 8 1/2 with Procomp Xtreme MTs x 12 1/2. Just so you know what I'm running.

I know bias ply tires are not road friendly. I'm mostly concerned about sidewall cuts when airing down radials too much...

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I run 18" Spyderlocks and 35/12.50 Nitto Mud Grapplers. I run 26-28 psi on the street, and about 8 psi off road. Done this many times with no cuts or tears or any damage to my tires on the rocks.

·
Administrator
8,742 Posts
I run 18" Spyderlocks and 35/12.50 Nitto Mud Grapplers. I run 26-28 psi on the street, and about 8 psi off road. Done this many times with no cuts or tears or any damage to my tires on the rocks.
I run similar...

17" ATX Slabs with 40 inch Grapplers. I run about 20 psi on the street and depending on condition anywhere from 3psi to 8psi on the trail. No issues.

Last time I went out was 3psi..

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Just set up mine so no crawling #s, but I am running 25-28 on the street also with 0 issues.

H1's

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Zjr,

What axle are you running because that looks like an 8 bolt right?
D30?

I have the Motorsport Tech adapters. VERY HAPPY! (But I would like to have gotten the black ones if they didn't come out 1 week after mine arrived...)

Edit: Look at the pic closely, I have as many bolts on my housing (close to the same size too) as I do holding the wheel in place.

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
pretty sure he's runnin 8 bolt adapters
D30?

I have the Motorsport Tech adapters. VERY HAPPY! (But I would like to have gotten the black ones if they didn't come out 1 week after mine arrived...)

Edit: Look at the pic closely, I have as many bolts on my housing (close to the same size too) as I do holding the wheel in place.
Didnt think of the adapters when I asked the question. Thanks :beer:

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
I'm in the same boat as zjr, just got mine set up (actually still waiting on a replacement wheel from TWF) so no wheeling yet.
Finally got a decent balance - I LOVE airsoft bbs!

on the street, they're nice and quiet - they seem to be happiest at about 25 PSI on road

I have noticed a LOT more sidewall flex than my old mud grapplers tho.
you could pretty much pull the valve cores on the graps and barely tell by looking on pavement, these will actually go flat with no air.
Much more pliable sidewalls.
Hopefully they wont split up the sidewalls like the damn grapplers did!

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
EF, wheels look good. I'm thinking about hummer beadlocks with 5 on 5 centers.
Thanks! Can you believe that is the same Jeep?
:bounce:

They are easy to work with (both the tires and TWF) and cheap as hell. Only problem is that not many places stock the 16.5s... Good thing is that you can change them wherever if need be (just the rubbers).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts