Votes: 35 37.6%
  • spyderlock

Votes: 27 29.0%
  • atx slabs

Votes: 31 33.3%
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
11,420 Posts
Aesthetics I like Hutches, but if I remember correctly, their offset options suck. But I may be wrong on that.

· Registered
4,180 Posts
Spyderlock & Slabs are essentially the same wheel with different rings. You can't go wrong quality wise with any of them. Me, I'm a Trailready man for life.

· Registered
597 Posts
In the next week or so I am going to be ordering the BAD bead locks. I would take a look at them.
I second this. I run them now on my rig. Block, I'd give them a look. Very impressive product. The other weekend I ran my 42" PBRs at 2psi on as many black trails at RC as I could run with my group, and I had no problems. No burps at all.

They come in black ... and if you get rock rings you can paint them whatever color you choose.

· Registered
132 Posts
I think TWF might be coming out with some 17 inch double bead locks soon. If That's true, then those will be the ones I'll go with.

· The Wheelin Man's Friend
6,224 Posts
I like the Slabs and the Spyder Lock out of those choices for the back spacing and the Hutchinsons for the overall look and badassery of the wheels.

I would also take a look at Trail Ready since we are here. They make a very nice wheel with many back spacing options as well as powder coating options.

:beer:

Marcus

· Registered
274 Posts
I voted SpyderLocks but I'm running Trail Ready and love them.

· Registered
1,520 Posts
Where are the Racelines or the Walker Evans or the Trail Ready?

· Registered
7,300 Posts
I love the Slabs. I like the simple lock ring and they offer nice back spacing options.
They dont offer any back spacing options. You can only get 3.5" if I am not mistaken.

I think TWF might be coming out with some 17 inch double bead locks soon. If That's true, then those will be the ones I'll go with.
Maybe TWF can weigh in on this??

Where are the Racelines or the Walker Evans or the Trail Ready?
I am a Walker man myself but I didnt want to cloud the thread figuring Block already narrowed it down.

· Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Aesthetics I like Hutches, but if I remember correctly, their offset options suck. But I may be wrong on that.
Hutchinsons IMO. Reasons: double beadlock, reputation for quality/strength, military supplier.

Offset options are non-existent. 4.63" period. Like it or leave it.

Drawbacks IMO are the lack of a protective "rock ring" as on the single beadlocks you are considering, and the pickiness of tire selection. You have to spec the inner locking sleeve to suit your specific tire. Some have a thicker bead and require a different sleeve. You can get more info at rockmonsterwheels.com

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.