JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen some offroad vehicles driving on the beach before inbetween Rehoboth and Ocean City off that main highway. I'm not sure where the access to get to that beach or of you need a permit. Does anyone have any info on this?

I've also heard of a place near Rehoboth in some state park where you can drive on the beach, park and enjoy the beach... and bring your dog too! Anyone ever been to such a place and have any info?

·
Registered
272 Posts
I believe you can get a permit for Delaware ( there is an access right there at Fenwick Island) , but in Ocean City only emergency vehicles and city gov't vehicles can drive on the beach.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Delware sells a surf fishing liscense plate to gain access to the beaches. You must be actively surf fishing while on the beach with your vehicle.

The kicker is the cost for non-residents. Check their website for information. I had it in 2009 when we visited with my Mom who has walking problems. It was worth it to her for me to drive on the beach with the whole family and "fish". It was a great day. I did not renew it for 2010 since we only went down once.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You can drive on the beach on Assateague, or if you feel like heading north a bit Brigantine, NJ used to allow it at the north end of the island. (if you buy a permit)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts