JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 jk unlimited and plan in doing some mudding and fairly calm trail riding. Want to get the 6.5 inch bds la lift. What do you all think of this lift? Jk will be my daily driver

·
Registered
163 Posts
6.5" is pretty big for "mudding and fairly calm trail riding".

that being said, I think you'd be better off with a smaller lift on your DD and theres better brands out there than BDS.

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
Is there mud in New Mexico??? Just kidding.

I ran a BDS lift on my TJ and loved it. It was not my DD but it could have been easily if needed. I stayed low with a 3" lift on that TJ to keep from having to upgrade many of the other components that require it when you go higher than 4" or so.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
6.5"!? What size tire are you planning? Like others have said, go 3.5 RK and you'll be set. At 6.5" your opening a can of worms that you may not want.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Yea, 6.5 would be a little big... as JerseyJeep95 said, you might be opening a can of worms you may not want. A 6.5 will give you a lot of issues. As everyone is saying... 3.5-4in would be plenty big for you man, just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I have a 2010 jk unlimited and plan in doing some mudding and fairly calm trail riding. Want to get the 6.5 inch bds la lift. What do you all think of this lift? Jk will be my daily driver
what size tires are you wanting to run? im running 35"s with 2" lift and stock bumpstops with cut fenders. being 18 really think about what you want out of your jeep so that your not having to rebuy stuff in 2 years.

being just alittle older than you i can understand the "go big or go home" mind set, but i think you will be alot happier with a smaller lift and some cut fenders with big tires.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Yeah, on my first ride (an FJ Cruiser) I went with a 6 inch lift. The whole time I had it I was wishing that I had gone with a nice 3 inch lift instead of just assuming the bigger the better.

I looked into BDS when I first got my Jeep, and ended up going with Rock Krawler. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
451 Posts
What size tires do you plan on running? You can run 37s with 3.5 to 4" of lift so 6.5 is kind of outrageous for 99% of anything most people do.

I would take a look at Rock Krawler kits for sure. Give Marcus at River City off-road a call and hell guide you in the right direction based on your wants and needs. After that, he'll give you a price you can't beat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts