JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have driven one. The brackets hang low, bad suspension geometry in the rear. They have dual steering stabilizers though!! I'm still contemplating on upgrading to long arm and have considered every kit, driven most. RK and Poly are on top.

·
Registered
123 Posts
A friend of mine runs the 6.5" long arm on his unlimited. It sees only trail use and gets beat on pretty good. Works pretty well on the trails but seems to go through upper control arm bushings pretty fast and he's had both rear springs replaced. Real nice on the road also. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Terflex

I run the teraflex long arm and love it. Rides and handles great.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Alasha

Sorry bud. We do the Triple Threat with the 4 link front, but we will not do a full 4 link rear with track bar. With the rear uppers outboard of the frame it just causes too many issues for what we like. We will be offering our DIY triangulated 4 link rear if you feel like moving your gas tank however.

Rock Krawler

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A friend of mine runs the 6.5" long arm on his unlimited. It sees only trail use and gets beat on pretty good. Works pretty well on the trails but seems to go through upper control arm bushings pretty fast and he's had both rear springs replaced. Real nice on the road also. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the feedback. Do the brackets really hang low like fire mentioned?

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I run the teraflex long arm and love it. Rides and handles great.
I was a big fan of the Teraflex long arm for a while (and sort of probably still am) but now I have seen 2 major failures of the frame where the rear mounts are welded. That is a design issue and I dont want to spend my hard earned $$ on something that could potentially fail big time.

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alasha

Sorry bud. We do the Triple Threat with the 4 link front, but we will not do a full 4 link rear with track bar. With the rear uppers outboard of the frame it just causes too many issues for what we like. We will be offering our DIY triangulated 4 link rear if you feel like moving your gas tank however.

Rock Krawler
Jeremy,

I am going to meet up with Pete Bach some time this weekend to take a closer look at your suspension in person.

Do you need a guinea pig for a triangulated 4 link on a 4 door?:D

·
Registered
123 Posts
I see u r going to take a look at the RK now. If you want pure indestructible beef its the only way to go. Plus the ride is awesome and the system has amazing flex.if you are going to do the install yourself just make sure you have a buddy to help and have a full 2 days to dedicate to the install. I think we had about 20 hours + in the install

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Jeremy,

I am going to meet up with Pete Bach some time this weekend to take a closer look at your suspension in person.

Do you need a guinea pig for a triangulated 4 link on a 4 door?:D
Go look at mine. It's at Avenger. Same setup but with a stretch. 3-Link is the way to go!
The instant centers on the BDS are completely fawked up. I'm quite confident that we can get you a VIP deal on an RK System.;);)

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Go look at mine. It's at Avenger. Same setup but with a stretch. 3-Link is the way to go!
The instant centers on the BDS are completely fawked up. I'm quite confident that we can get you a VIP deal on an RK System.;);)
I sneaked a peak at Avenger on Friday. ;)

I am no suspension guru but I can visualize how you have ~1.5 inches in the rear between the bumpstops and the axle and still rubbed the top of that fender support.

P.S.
Are you running 5.13 or 5.38 because I am super confused as to how you baselined higher than my baseline?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts