JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pretty pleased when I created my own dual windshield light mounts. I wanted to put four Dually D2s on the A-Pillar and since I couldn't find anyone who made dual mounts I decided to make my own.

Recently, Black Diamond Fabrication introduced a dual windshield light mount for Rigid Industries Dually's and Dually D2's. It is much sexier than what I did and it is better thought out. I went for function while they went for form and function.

Some people have indicated that they have not exactly understood how the BDF mounts work. If you have not played with Dually's before then it is perfectly understandable why you might not understand the mounting mechanism. Lets see if we can clear it up.

Here are a pair of the raw (unfinished) mounts. Please note that the interior arm on both the left and the right mounts have a long notch cut out. That notch is part of the well though out design. It allows the windshield wipers (most important on the passenger side) to avoid hitting the mounts.

Now, here are is a raw mount with a pair of Dually's in it. Please note the triangular openings. Those are for more than decoration as we will soon see.

Here are the raw mounts attached to the windshield

Okay, so now lets see what a sexy powder coated dual mount looks like.

Okay, so here are several shots of the new BDF Dual Windshield Light Mounts installed on my Jeep. Please note (in the red circle) that I have used the triangular opening on the side of the mount to route my light cables and that allows me to immediately tuck them under the Wiper Plate for a very clean look.

I am super pleased with the work Tim over at BDF has done on these mounts. It is great to see creativity at play. He has made the mounts attractive, functional and sexy.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Lights and Rubeecon look great!

I have a question... How did you make those limb risers? Does someone manufacture a kit or did you make them yourself? I've been wanting to install some but don't know how to attach them at the top of the windshield since I don't have a lightbar.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Nice work those things look badass!!!

·
Registered
3,225 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
thats cool and all, but these installs never include night shots with all the lights on! night pics!!! :)

Ok, here are some night shots to help illustrate the difference. I will do several of them in slightly different areas. Please keep in mind that I haven't aimed the lights yet. Also, I apologize for the less than stellar night shots. My wife has the good camera and I am using the camera in my phone.

Here is a street shot with normal low-beam headlights

Here is the same shot with the Dually D2s turn on also.

Here is a shot on a different street with the headlights off

Here is the same shot with just the headlights on

Here is the same shot with the headlights and the Dually D2s on

Here is sitting at the end of the driveway without the headlights on

Here is the same shot with the headlights on

Very same shot with the headlights and Dually D2s on

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally, here are a few shots from outside the Jeep at night.

It is hard to take picts when you're staring into super bright lights

Here is a front shot of the Jeep

Here is a rear shot of the Jeep. I have the Or-Fab Gecko Skins on the rear corners so I have oval LED taillights.

Here is a shot of my pair of Duallys on the rear. I have one on each outside corner of the Shrockworks rear bumper.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Nice. I've got the single Dually mount and like how they sit much lower than the rugged ridge mounts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey Tim, its Mark (Stealth Mark) Clint Wilson's Friend… I was just wondering if you can help me out with a set of those BDF Dual mount for Rigid Industries Duallys…

Thanks,

Mark DM L

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.