JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nearly a year ago, I added a 2.5" Rubicon Express Budget Boost. I got the shocks with the kit and it's been a good lift with the stock springs. With what I have, if I want to go to a 2.5" or 3" Coil Lift, do I just need to pick up front and rear springs? Anything else I need to make the change? I'd like to get a little better ride, a little more lift and if possible, get the front lifted a little higher to address the rake. Let me know if this makes any sense to do. Thanks!

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Just swap springs and remove the spacers.

May want to check your brake lines on hard articulation if you get more flex out of it.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I have 2.5" TF BB rear and replaced the factory front springs and spacers with 3.5" RK front springs to get rid of the rake. Works for me and rides great.
Did your RE BB come with extended stabilizer links, bump stops, and rear trackbar relocation bracket? If not, these may be things you want to look at. My TF BB kit came with these so all that is required is to swap out spacers for lift springs.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Went from a 2" RE mono shock BB to a OME HD coil spring (3")....only things I added:

Coil springs, longer/adj rear sway bar links & you can utilize your stock rear swaybar links to the front swaybar or go with quick discos. Also, brake line bracket or longer brakelines, if you do a lot of flexing look at coil retainer clips also went with JKS front and rear adj track bar to center my axles. Also, I went with Lower Adj control arms to take the floaty feeling on the highway and get my caster back to above stock (+4.2). Toss the coil spacers and sell them.

Things I kept with my BB kit was my longer monoshocks & 2" bumpstops.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts