JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport. My battery light is on and it's driving me insane!!!!! I'll start from the beginning...... every so often when trying to start the Jeep it would act like the battery was dead and wouldn't start. I could turn the key off and then it would start on the next time. It would reset the clock on the radio. Finally the battery light kept coming on and off. About a month ago, it died and had to have it jumped off. Had the battery tested and they said it was good also said alternator tested fine as well. About a week later, same thing, but this time battery tested bad and they replaced it under warranty. So I'm thinking all good right. NOPE.... last week battery light came on while driving. Next day try to start it, wouldn't start on first try and second try same as it was doing before...started up but it had reset the clock. I've had the battery and alternator tested by Autozone and O'Reillys both and they are both saying they are good. Checked all of the connections everything is tight. Can't find any loose wires anywhere. So now I am at a complete loss.....any suggestions before I have to haul it off to the shop????

·
Registered
94 Posts
My wifes Jeep did something similar and it was the IOD (ignition off draw) fuse was loose. See diagram. This causes all kinds of issues related to battery drain or starting gremlins.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Starting to think something worse! We thought we had fixed it by replacing battery terminals. As I exited for work this morning, it lost all power and died. It started back after a few minutes. UUUGGGG....not what I wanted to deal with first thing this morning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts