JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought some Daystar stingers from this guy and it was a nightmare. We agreed on $300 shipped I paid using a money order on his request which should have been a red flag.

I paid on 12-23-2014 and just got the stingers last week but with missing pieces and a postage due on the package. I started getting worried mid January so I texted, emailed, and called him for a couple of days with no response until I threatened to report him if he didn't respond. That got his attention and he said he went on vacation and forgot all about it and would ship it 2 day air.

3 weeks later no package but he sent me a tracking number so I called the post office and they tell me that he printed out the postage from home and sent it as a flat rate box but it was not a flat rate box and that there was $41 postage due on it before I could get it. He only paid $5. Then I open the box and I am missing 3 stainless steel shafts.

I work in a machine shop so it was easy enough to make them but this guy is a scammer and looks like he has done this to others. I have his address, name, and phone number if anyone who's been screwed by this guy needs it.

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
Post it up .. This is DL. Fuck him .. Sorry that happened to you.
I think I remember the ad too.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeremy Wanichko
6762 forest oak dr Clemmons nc 27012
Phone # 1-724-610-7085

that's the address I used to send the money order to.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts

·
CalmerThanYouAre
9,383 Posts
As soon as I read money order I knew things were going down hill. Then the fiasco with shipping the parts. Not cool.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
I've been in contact with a couple of very dissatisfied buyers on here and I'm going to let this thread stay and temporarily keep him un-banned. I am however, going to delete all of his for-sale ads. I hope that these buyers are able to get some kind of resolve although that looks unlikely. Going forward... I don't want to see anyone else getting scammed by this guy.

Links to two of the unresolved transactions:

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=222025

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236290

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Sorry to hear about your difficulties. Luckily I've only been screwed over once on the internet (eBay). That being said, this is how a "scammer" thread should go. All his info, posted, so no one else gets burned by the same guy and his previous work catches up with him.

·
Banned
702 Posts
I would call this mail fraud. I would check with a lawyer to see what can be done, if anything.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Send this over to Pirate4x4 they get a kick out of these a-holes . Anybody remember Charlie Wenzel , much funny there ,and deservingly so ruined many future endeavors of olé Charlie . Payback-be-a Bitch.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think jeepin_usmc needs to be blacklisted as well. He tried pulling a quick one over on another forum member trying to sell a set of evolution 8700 knockoffs as the real deal. I've bought a lot of parts thru this forum and I can't imagine what a pain in the ass these scammers are. I just don't have time for that kinda shit...

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
I think jeepin_usmc needs to be blacklisted as well. He tried pulling a quick one over on another forum member trying to sell a set of evolution 8700 knockoffs as the real deal. I've bought a lot of parts thru this forum and I can't imagine what a pain in the ass these scammers are. I just don't have time for that kinda shit...
So who got screwed? What forum member?

I never heard about it.

How should some guy be black-listed ( and not sure what you even mean by that) when no one reported anything, nor started a DL thread about it. I never saw any PM's from anyone about it either... so ?

But it does come up in a completely unrelated thread about someone else?

Sorry... but there needs to be more info posted about this or sent to me... and it really needs to come from the guy that got screwed over.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Send this over to Pirate4x4 they get a kick out of these a-holes . Anybody remember Charlie Wenzel , much funny there ,and deservingly so ruined many future endeavors of olé Charlie . Payback-be-a Bitch.
We don't send our shit over to Pirate. It's been a unanimous fail across the board regarding the several things we've ever sent their way. We don't need to seek the elder Buccaneers assistance anyway.

We did have a pirate member come over here one time to help a guy out and that was one funny ass deal... "I'm from the internet..."

Those were the days.

·
Registered
190 Posts
So who got screwed? What forum member?

I never heard about it.

How should some guy be black-listed ( and not sure what you even mean by that) when no one reported anything, nor started a DL thread about it. I never saw any PM's from anyone about it either... so ?

But it does come up in a completely unrelated thread about someone else?

Sorry... but there needs to be more info posted about this or sent to me... and it really needs to come from the guy that got screwed over.
It was guruman, I guess by blacklisted i meant blocked. Don't really consider it unrelated. Just pointing out we have another scammer in our midst. None of my business and not my problem. He did get his money back minus shipping and its all in the for sale section for anyone to read. Just saying the seller was intentionally trying to take someone for a ride.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
It was guruman, I guess by blacklisted i meant blocked. Don't really consider it unrelated. Just pointing out we have another scammer in our midst. None of my business and not my problem. He did get his money back minus shipping and its all in the for sale section for anyone to read. Just saying the seller was intentionally trying to take someone for a ride.
Yep.. I was tipped off only moments after I posted... but again... nothing was ever reported. The buyer in this case was very diplomatic and tried giving the benefit of the doubt.

In the case of basickrawler... he won't be selling anything else on here regardless of the infraction that he will ultimately receive. I've closed all his threads and they will be deleted as well.

As far as not instantly banning basickrawler, I was hoping that he might come on the board and respond. This would at least allow some accountability of sorts and allow members to let him know how they feel about him. I felt that banning him was just letting him off the hook a little too easy.

At this point however, I don't think he's coming back. Last activity was well over a month ago.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Don't you always forget you sold Jeep parts to someone and then go on vacation? :koolaid:

Yep, money order should have been the big red flag. Sorry you got screwed and thanks for warning the group.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Sorry Stub, I'm just now seeing this. I didn't cry for help because I got the bulk of my money back, and initially thought that maybe it was an honest-ish mistake.

Had I paid with a MO, I'd be crying louder. Good luck to the OP who got scammed by basickrawler. That sucks man.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts