JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a 10 with a sub and it would rattle the windows and that was with the stock radio 6 disk cd.
I now have a 13 ,10 anniversary with a 430n and it's the most pathetic thing when it comes to the base I can hear music coming from the base but no real thump anyone have this problem?
Is this the norm I don't have a new one for comparison.

·
Comfortably Numb
12,289 Posts
So I had a 10 with a sub and it would rattle the windows and that was with the stock radio 6 disk cd.
I now have a 13 ,10 anniversary with a 430n and it's the most pathetic thing when it comes to the base I can hear music coming from the base but no real thump anyone have this problem?
Is this the norm I don't have a new one for comparison.
I seem to remember a post similar to yours a few years ago. I remember that the fix was to use another amp from a Dodge Nitro. It's on here somewhere I sure. There's also been some impressive speaker box builds. Found one of the links to the Nitro amp fix. Turns out it was to improve sound from soundbar.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/electrical-lighting-tech-dept/192681-2014-jk-factory-amp-replacement-nitro.html

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/jk-general-discussion/286906-5-25-subwoofers-lower-dash.html

Reactions: tapcola

·
Registered
233 Posts
A guy going by user Pressurized on the Wrangler forum came up with sound enhancements he calls the PRS mods. You modify the tweeters, change the sound bar speakers, and upgrade the sub all for under $200. The sub upgrade is a plug n play Alpine or Pioneer; it's not the same as running an external amp with premium sub, but it's a noticeable and worthy upgrade.

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It just seems like it's not working at all , I haven't had time to look at it yet maybe tissue weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I have the Alpine sub and it has a dvc sub it is just weak as can be , what a let down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts