JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my ball joints are starting to go on my jeep. i took it to hazlet and said they cant fix it under warranty due to my tires (35x12.50x17). does anyone know a dealer that works with lifted jeeps ? OR should i just take it to globex and get the synergy ball joints?

ALSO myy steering is very loose. could this be from the bad ball joints? if not, what else can cause this issue? i know there are a lot of threads with loose steering but id rather just ask here and maybe someone can help me

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Just do the ball joints yourself, i bought the usa alloy ones, there a little cheaper than the synergy ones and seem to be holding up pretty well.i only bought them because i could not get synergy Bj's (backorder), but they are doing fairly well. If you buy the bj removal tool from harbor freight, expect about 5 hours or so of time to replace them. First side will have you cussing, the other side you will knock out in no time!

As far as lose steering goes, in what way? Do you have allot of play in the steering or is it just soft?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just do the ball joints yourself, i bought the usa alloy ones, there a little cheaper than the synergy ones and seem to be holding up pretty well.i only bought them because i could not get synergy Bj's (backorder), but they are doing fairly well. If you buy the bj removal tool from harbor freight, expect about 5 hours or so of time to replace them. First side will have you cussing, the other side you will knock out in no time!

As far as lose steering goes, in what way? Do you have allot of play in the steering or is it just soft?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
i looked up the installation for ball joints and i personally do not want to take a chance with them. id rather have someone who knows what they are doing install mine

and i have a lot of play with my steering ..its not tight at all

·
Registered
315 Posts
i looked up the installation for ball joints and i personally do not want to take a chance with them. id rather have someone who knows what they are doing install mine

and i have a lot of play with my steering ..its not tight at all
You can't go wrong with Globex!

·
Registered
686 Posts
I'm swapping my Ball Joints tomorrow. Never done it before but all the YouTube videos make it look pretty simple. I am using MOOG joints and borrowed the tools from O'reillys this morning.

·
Registered
686 Posts
let me know how it goes!
They are in. Second side went easier since I got experience on the first side. Oriellys ball joint tool sucked. Not many adapters with it. Luckily I had some sockets that worked.

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
I have had my Synergy Ball Joints in with my 37's for over a year, they seem to be holding up pretty good.

Give it shot yourself, you'll save a ton of money. When you pay for labor on the bj install alot of it is pulling tires, brake calipers, axle shafts and knucles to get to the ball joints...easy stuff but you'll be paying out the butt for it.

See if you have a auto parts store that will lend you the ball joint press and the 4X4 adapters for the press. You can do it.:koolaid:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Take it to Globex and get the synergy balljoints. If you want to try another dealership, sometimes World Jeep in Shrewsbury can be mod friendly.
yeah i might do it at globex to save the headache lol but im gonna call world jeep tomorrow and see if they hook me up!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have had my Synergy Ball Joints in with my 37's for over a year, they seem to be holding up pretty good.

Give it shot yourself, you'll save a ton of money. When you pay for labor on the bj install alot of it is pulling tires, brake calipers, axle shafts and knucles to get to the ball joints...easy stuff but you'll be paying out the butt for it.

See if you have a auto parts store that will lend you the ball joint press and the 4X4 adapters for the press. You can do it.:koolaid:
i dont know man lol i saw a video on how to do it and I'm really not too sure about this one :/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts