JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 2007 rubicon w/4" lift running 35" tires, when i took to get front alignment they told me that my ball joints were bad.The jeep has 15k miles and 1200 since lift and tires, has anybody else had issues like this. any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,Dave

·
Registered
664 Posts
i have 2007 rubicon w/4" lift running 35" tires, when i took to get front alignment they told me that my ball joints were bad.The jeep has 15k miles and 1200 since lift and tires, has anybody else had issues like this. any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,Dave
I havent had a problems with myne yet at 30,000, but know people that have. I just got done reparing a dana 44 that I just got in the jeep today. I had to replace the ball joints they are on backorder for 3 to 4 week here is the part # 6800 4085 AA they run about $100.00 for upper and lower from a dealer and $50.00 from quadratec for the same part#.:beer:

·
Registered
411 Posts
I havent had a problems with myne yet at 30,000, but know people that have. I just got done reparing a dana 44 that I just got in the jeep today. I had to replace the ball joints they are on backorder for 3 to 4 week here is the part # 6800 4085 AA they run about $100.00 for upper and lower from a dealer and $50.00 from quadratec for the same part.:beer:
I believe quadratec's Ball Joints are made by Crown, just like the Tie Rod I ordered from them a few months ago. The Rubber on the Tie Rod end already starts cracking. I won't get anymore Crown Parts...

·
Registered
900 Posts
also have them check the steering box. When i had the front end apart due to dw issues, i had to replace the steering box and the ball joint.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I believe quadratec's Ball Joints are made by Crown, just like the Tie Rod I ordered from them a few months ago. The Rubber on the Tie Rod end already starts cracking. I won't get anymore Crown Parts...
Could be I dont know, theay dont say on there websight. The manufacturer part No matches the mopar part No thow.:beer:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/56100_0002.htm

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just noticed that tire rod boot was all cracked and dry rot looking too the other day and mine was from quadratech. Whats up with that bad quality

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I havent had a problems with myne yet at 30,000, but know people that have. I just got done reparing a dana 44 that I just got in the jeep today. I had to replace the ball joints they are on backorder for 3 to 4 week here is the part # 6800 4085 AA they run about $100.00 for upper and lower from a dealer and $50.00 from quadratec for the same part#.:beer:
All this talk about balljoints got me concerned so I decided to call my local parts guy and get a set to have just in case.

Your part number is correct (left and right is same part #) and I had no problem getting them. Dealer did not show any backorders and is sending me two sets tomorrow.

·
Registered
664 Posts
All this talk about balljoints got me concerned so I decided to call my local parts guy and get a set to have just in case.

Your part number is correct (left and right is same part #) and I had no problem getting them. Dealer did not show any backorders and is sending me two sets tomorrow.
Some dealers have um and some dont they are showing a backorder if the dealer has to order them. I had to drive about an hour to a dealer in victorville to get myne:beer:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts