JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im needing new balljoints. i like ordering from rock auto. but im unsure on what brand to buy. i recently ordered the moog problem solver steering linkage. i love it. but i heard bad things about moog joints. can anyone sugguest a brand ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
I have synergy now, when I replace these I will be going to dnyatrac prosteer rebuildable joints.

so yeah synergy or dynatrac

·
Registered
486 Posts
They all suck or are overpriced. If you don’t mind replacing and you won’t have this Jeep for along time go oem or synergy. If you will have this Jeep a long time then Dynatrac as it pains me to say. All their shit is overpriced. Rare parts is another overpriced option as well

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the Synergy on mine and I'm not a fan. We put the Gen 2 Teraflex on the wife's and they're doing great (18k on them so far) Much better feel than the Synergy ever were.
I like them so much I just ordered a set for mine too.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I'm a big fan of the concept of the Rare Parts ball joints that are load bearing on both the upper and lower. I wrecked Synergy joints real quick and did grease them every oil change. My Rare Parts joints have been in longer and are still completely solid no play at all.

·
Super Moderator
6,176 Posts
what most folks who exp less than thrilling ( can ball joints even be considered as 'thrilling'? heh..)
results from the extremely well-made Synergy Mfg BJ's is to grease them w/ the recommended molybdenum ,high-performance grease ( Synergy even has their own brand but the same is available all over the internets) regularly. By 'regularly' I mean no less than 3 times annually ...I hit them w a two-pump after each trail ride and w clean grease in them, I would have a hard time destroying them.
It's not truly what grease is used as as much as it is to have clean grease in their cintered ball grooves + that you purge debris and always run clean, heavy duty ncgi2 (sic) grease in them or else they'll get loose and need replacing.

If I ran 40s , I'd likely go with the rareparts load distributing BJ's .

Get to know your greaseguns ( I have four,lol) ; they won't let you down but they'll always irritate the f*ck out of you :grinpimp:

:jeep2:

·
you can go piss up a rope
1,230 Posts
what most folks who exp less than thrilling ( can ball joints even be considered as 'thrilling'? heh..)
results from the extremely well-made Synergy Mfg BJ's is to grease them w/ the recommended molybdenum ,high-performance grease ( Synergy even has their own brand but the same is available all over the internets) regularly. By 'regularly' I mean no less than 3 times annually ...I hit them w a two-pump after each trail ride and w clean grease in them, I would have a hard time destroying them.
It's not truly what grease is used as as much as it is to have clean grease in their cintered ball grooves + that you purge debris and always run clean, heavy duty ncgi2 (sic) grease in them or else they'll get loose and need replacing.

If I ran 40s , I'd likely go with the rareparts load distributing BJ's .

Get to know your greaseguns ( I have four,lol) ; they won't let you down but they'll always irritate the f*ck out of you :grinpimp:

At $20 a tube for magic Synerjesus grease, I couldn't afford to lube up 3+ times a year. I just use the $4 tube of Red n' Tacky.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Anyone found a way to keep the grease from oozing oil out over time and slowly greasing the whole garage? I've had a tube of the synergy stuff for about a year, and even that grease is separating. I do keep the guns in a plastic bin....

·
1,230 Posts
Anyone found a way to keep the grease from oozing oil out over time and slowly greasing the whole garage? I've had a tube of the synergy stuff for about a year, and even that grease is separating. I do keep the guns in a plastic bin....
Do you mean the grease gun itself is leaking? If so, those little 3oz guns are handy because you can toss the cartridge sooner and let the gun sit empty.

·
Super Moderator
6,176 Posts
At $20 a tube for magic Synerjesus grease, I couldn't afford to lube up 3+ times a year. I just use the $4 tube of Red n' Tacky.

Yeah, I has similar opinion until I got the additional ( dedicated ) greaseguns. I have had the same tube of that pricey grease for goin on 3 years ; it's like, 2-3 pumps per bj...same as the gun for the even costlier RCV grease. I use that redntackey in third gun for all the other stuff/Jeeps. I have a fourth , mini greasegun w those 3.5oz cartridges that I use green Lucas for the dual cardan shafts. Geezus, I sound like a grease lover. Heh.

Somewhere on here a long time ago I posted what I found in the actual grease that Synergy Mfg uses or buys their rebranded stuff from ...it's , like , "MolyB6000" or something like that...in a white tube w teal/gold brand that I cannot recall. It was just as expensive to get it .
I would go with Lucas red , too but they will have less issue replacing anything if you've used the ' recommended' grease 🙄 is all...

·
Super Moderator
6,176 Posts

After your last pump for that greasing, don't leave handle depressed ; pull it back like you're gonna squirt it again then store like that...it make a slight vacuum that'll disallow the seepage. I should get some extra credit for finding real world use for the word ,"seepage" , if ya ask me....
:dustin:

I have also placed just the zerk nozzel on the gun within a Ziploc for storing it , but yrmv

·
Registered
249 Posts
For everyone thinking Dynatracs are the only high end option out there, keep your eyes peeled. We have a new patent pending ball joint we have been working on for about 5 years. They just released for the Ram trucks and will be coming to the JK platform in approximately 4-6 months. Lifetime Warranty and rebuildable on the vehicle.

Ram HD Adjustable Ball Joints

Teaser shot of the new JK Lower:

Attachments

·
1,230 Posts
Yeah, I has similar opinion until I got the additional ( dedicated ) greaseguns. I have had the same tube of that pricey grease for goin on 3 years ; it's like, 2-3 pumps per bj...same as the gun for the even costlier RCV grease. I use that redntackey in third gun for all the other stuff/Jeeps. I have a fourth , mini greasegun w those 3.5oz cartridges that I use green Lucas for the dual cardan shafts. Geezus, I sound like a grease lover. Heh.

Somewhere on here a long time ago I posted what I found in the actual grease that Synergy Mfg uses or buys their rebranded stuff from ...it's , like , "MolyB6000" or something like that...in a white tube w teal/gold brand that I cannot recall. It was just as expensive to get it .
I would go with Lucas red , too but they will have less issue replacing anything if you've used the ' recommended' grease 🙄 is all...

lol you are the reason Synergy has granite counter tops in their R&D department. :thefinger:

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
For everyone thinking Dynatracs are the only high end option out there, keep your eyes peeled. We have a new patent pending ball joint we have been working on for about 5 years. They just released for the Ram trucks and will be coming to the JK platform in approximately 4-6 months. Lifetime Warranty and rebuildable on the vehicle.

Ram HD Adjustable Ball Joints

Teaser shot of the new JK Lower:
If your price point is better than a cheap 12k winch and three cases of Newcastle you'll be on to somethin...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts