JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First and foremost, a HUGE shout out to Marcus at RiverCityOffroad! He hooked a Brother up big time!

There hasn't been a whole lot of info and review of these on here. I know Doc grabbed a pair and sang a lot of praise for these, but that was a while ago. So without further delay.

First impression, they are gorgeous! The raw aluminum retaining ring is nice looking for sure, but, I had another picture in my head about how I wanted them to look. So I wasted no time in modifying them. I wanted to body key the ring to match the Jeep, luckily, I found a VHT engine paint that nearly matches perfectly. They turned out great!

I just received them between last week and today so I have not installed them, but I will this weekend. So far the initial impression of light output is very good! The color temperature is 5k which is a nicer, whiter light over the 6k that my Rigid lights put out. The throw is more focused from what little comparison I have seen. I took a quick and dirty comparison photo in the garage from about 20-25 feet and the difference is obvious. When I have installed output shots, i'll add them here.

Initial output and color comparison.

More pictures and impression to come.

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts
Sure are pretty... where did you mount them ?

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Damn those look sweet, Chris... the lights themselves but especially with the colored rings. They look color-matched to me. Glad you didn't go with the DuPont Vaginal Burgundy.

Manly-assed timepiece too!

:beer:

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn those look sweet, Chris... the lights themselves but especially with the colored rings. They look color-matched to me. Glad you didn't go with the DuPont Vaginal Burgundy.

Manly-assed timepiece too!

:beer:
Thank you Stubpintler! I was a coin toss away from laying down the glossy nipple mauve on those rings, but I was worried about theft. (The color totally makes ambiguous dudes flip, literally.) You see that frickin meat hook, I have to wear 48 to 50 millimeter bezel watches to not feel like Tootsie. (Damn i'm getting old.)

I like what you did with the color matching! Nice touch!

That fan isn't going to do anything for you this summer. Just want you to know. LOL

Thank you again brother!

Marcus
No, thank you Marcus! That fan has been sitting on that shelf since we moved in along with a cartridge water filter assembly and various other crap that has been filed under "Yeah, sure, get right on that." LoL

It may not keep me cool, but my new RCO t-shirt drenched with cold water will do just fine Brother! I'll wear it with pride.

Thank you again. The Gra-bars are pretty sweet too! I dig having a permanent place to grasp when getting in and out now. :beer:

Lights:

I left one D1 and one BD Sport on the vehicle and I will take some comparison shots tomorrow night behind my local wheelin' spot, Target Greatland. :thefinger:

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Okay, so I mounted one light up last night and got it aimed vaguely. I took the Jeep out and checked the differences between the Baja Designs and the Rigid D1 spot. First impression, a noticeable difference in light pattern and focus. The BD has a nice secondary flood effect and a very daylight tone to the temperature. The Rigid has a similar overall hotspot, but very little halo lighting like the BD. The color has a blue hue akin to 6K temperature. I took a couple of pictures to display the differences including a couple with each light covered.

Both at 30 feet.

Driver side displaying halo effect. (bonus flood)

Passenger side.

Driver side with D1 covered up.

Passenger side with BD covered.

I am impressed, so much so that I ordered a BD Sport Flood for the rear to replace the D1 Floods back there currently.

Another noteworthy fact, the BD is more compact and much lighter.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I forget if you mentioned it, did you get your BD in Spot or Driving pattern?

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You know, I don't think I did!? These are the spots. I will also be putting the flood version up against the D1 Flood sometime next week.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Added a single flood to the rear, these are light enough to hang in unusual places. I chose the license plate mount. Fit perfectly! The output of this one light is close to the two D1's I had mounted about the spare and this allowed me to clean up the back of the Jeep a little more.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fixed the links, damn you Photobucket!

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Those are Smittybilt brackets, I chose them because they sit really low.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts