JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Baja Designs Stealth & Stryker Lights last week. The quality is amazing and the light output from the 20" Stealth is....well insane.!! I will get some more pics up but wanted to show what I have done so far.
The packaging, plug and play wiring and quality is awesome.......

My mounts for the Squadrons will be the PSC Units for the wiondow and the Mount I am using for the front bumper will be replaced by Baja Designs Tube adaptors.

These lights should help light the way home to Ca!:)

Attachments

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just some more pictures of the lights and wiring. In the future I will be wiring everything to a 12VoltGuy Panel.

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
I just finished mounting and wiring the 20"Stealth bar to my AEV bumper last weekend, and after trying it out I had to double check to make sure my headlights were even on. The output is amazing. Since trying them out I finished wiring the high/low/strobe wire up to my sPod, and now I will need to head out and try them again, and maybe take some pictures.

I am interested to see what you think about the Squadrons since I am thinking about adding either those or the Prerunner lights by my windshield for a bit more distance.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just finished mounting and wiring the 20"Stealth bar to my AEV bumper last weekend, and after trying it out I had to double check to make sure my headlights were even on. The output is amazing. Since trying them out I finished wiring the high/low/strobe wire up to my sPod, and now I will need to head out and try them again, and maybe take some pictures.

I am interested to see what you think about the Squadrons since I am thinking about adding either those or the Prerunner lights by my windshield for a bit more distance.
Thats cool Jon. I did hook up the 20" Stealth with the momentary dimmer and strobe mode switch and it works really well. I have seen the Squadrons in action on the trail and off........The are at least half as bright as the Stealth....very powerful and focused beam. They are built to last.

Once I get them installed I will be posting addtional pics and actual lighting pictures at night as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
691 Posts
Great looking setup. I too really like all of my Baja Designs products! Great products and great people to work with. Did you work with Diego at BD?

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Someone stole your winch. Maybe you were so excited about the lights that you didn't notice.....................

Lights look good!

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Someone stole your winch. Maybe you were so excited about the lights that you didn't notice.....................

Lights look good!
He had to sell it to buy his lights! :suicide: Those are pricey, but, nice...

·
Registered
539 Posts
He had to sell it to buy his lights! :suicide: Those are pricey, but, nice...
Their bars aren't much more than the Rigid bars if you get a forum discount through Pirate.

For the Squadron they are pricey, but two of those have about the same light output three Rigid D2 lights, so per lumen you are at about the same price.

One thing that I have noticed while shpping for LED lights is that Cree tends to under rate the lumens of their LED lights, so in reality you get more lumens than advertised (Baja Designs, Rigid SR-series).

Seoul Semiconducter tends to over rate their LED lights, so you get less lumens than advertised (Rigid E-series)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Almost a shame you had to put the lights down in the dirt to take a picture.:thefinger:

Best lights on the market and tougher than a 2 dollar steak in Amarillo. Bigelow Motorsports approved!!!!!!!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Doug, do you think those lights are still on his jeep? Lol.... Wait, you might want to check your rig for your lights also! Lol

·
Registered
305 Posts

how did you wire the three functions to your spod?

·
Registered
539 Posts
how did you wire the three functions to your spod?
I have the sPod controlling the on/off function, and drilled a hole for a momentary switch. I am planning on replacing all of my Stealth lights with OnX/Squadron XL lights and getting an A-Pillar switch mount. Then I will have four of these running the momentary function (high/low/strobe) with the light lit with dash lights, and I will do matching switches in the sPod, and replace my sPod panel to cover the holes I put in it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the sPod controlling the on/off function, and drilled a hole for a momentary switch. I am planning on replacing all of my Stealth lights with OnX/Squadron XL lights and getting an A-Pillar switch mount. Then I will have four of these running the momentary function (high/low/strobe) with the light lit with dash lights, and I will do matching switches in the sPod, and replace my sPod panel to cover the holes I put in it.
I have the sPOD as well - with their RCPM and would love to know how you incorporated the Momentary Switch to control the High / Low / Strobe modes of the Baja Designs LED's - which I also have on my rig....

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have the sPOD as well - with their RCPM and would love to know how you incorporated the Momentary Switch to control the High / Low / Strobe modes of the Baja Designs LED's - which I also have on my rig....

I am working on getting switches from OTRATTW (item number V2D1AT0B-00000-000) and matching on/off/on swithces for the sPod (I want my lights to have more than just one potential trigger, like rock lights be able to be on, off, auto with interior lights, backup lights to be on, orr, auto with backup lights, etc...).

Then I can decide between using the sPod ram mount:

Or I could do the Daystar A-pillar mount.

If you are using your phone as the primary switch panel then you could just use the standard sPod switch panel with the OTRATTW switches.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts