JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the Badlands with what was supposed to be the GLJT crew. Unfortunately, the club decided to cancel the trip, but a few guys showed up. BP, Cotterpin, Filthybeast, and myself. We had a great time. Here's the pics!

Nice and clean at the campsite. Jeep does not know what's in store for her.

The group.

Ooops...BP's trying to dump oil in other ecosystems other than the ocean.

A little rock climbing.

Here's the AEV kit working at full flex...........:thefinger:

Going over double-bump.

This guy was going to have a real bad day until we showed up...Superwinch saves Jeeps...

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More...

I was so close!!!!

Waiting for the other guys to come pose with me. This is what we call baby flex. I wish I would've parked where the other guys were to show some real flex, but I just kind of went up it and waited for them.

Posing.

The final outcome.

All in all, a great run and these guys made me feel comfortable because of the capability of their rigs and knowledge in wheeling. We hit up orange, white, the quarry, came down the creek, and played in Pink...er...Red a little bit. Nice job for a newbie I think, and I popped my dent cherry against a tree on the driver side windshield frame. Had a blast, and I can't wait to go on another run. :bounce:

·
Official Monkey Business
12,216 Posts
Looks like a fun run. Great looking JK. I like the mix of Jeeps that you had, the XJ, YJ, TJ and your JK. Very cool.

Oh, did the XJ have to do much to get goig again after getting the motor under water?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like a fun run. Great looking JK. I like the mix of Jeeps that you had, the XJ, YJ, TJ and your JK. Very cool.

Oh, did the XJ have to do much to get goig again after getting the motor under water?
He turned off his motor after getting it out, and then had a problem getting it started again. A coil was wet. Cotterpin (with the YJ) had onboard air, so he just used it to blow out the water. The XJ started up after a few minutes of messing around with it.

It was definitely cool having the different models of Jeeps out there, because each was built and they were all similar in capability. We didn't spend much time doing recoveries, so it was more time wheeling and less fixing/saving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts