JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago my 2010 JKU with 134k mikes on it wouldn't start. It was in park and every light on the dash came on, random messages on the dash, even my backup camera came on, which came with the Jeep lol. A buddy was with me, and we decided to disconnect everything from the battery and did basically a hard reset and it worked. I happened to have my tuner plugged in and so I pulled codes and got a handful of bad bcm ground codes. A couple of day's later it did it again while driving and self corrected a few minutes later. Now it won't stsrt at all.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Have you done a search for similar issues? Personally haven’t experienced it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have and haven't seen too much. I'm hoping the TIPM( Totally Integrated Power Module) has a bad ground or is full sand.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That happened to our 08 jku Sahara and the problem was the wires to the starter. Also check all ground wire connections! Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I had pretty much diagnosed a bad TIPM, a local shop assured me that's what it was. So I towed it home & ordered one...it's going to be around July 11th before the new one gets here. They wanted $2500 for flash and install from the little shop, it costs $1400 new and $130 to flash/program from the dealership.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks. I had pretty much diagnosed a bad TIPM, a local shop assured me that's what it was. So I towed it home & ordered one...it's going to be around July 11th before the new one gets here. They wanted $2500 for flash and install from the little shop, it costs $1400 new and $130 to flash/program from the dealership.

I'm having the same problem, read this thread its potentially a $10 fix

1 - 6 of 6 Posts