JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one more q on the backup light project. I need to tap into the backup lead to hook up the kc lights so they will come on when I put it into reverse. the tail light backup has two black and one white wiregoing to the factory backup light. Which should I tap into?

tks! jp

·
Registered
237 Posts
You DO know that there are halogen replacement bulbs that plug right into the stock back up sockets that are 50 watts, right? You wouldn't have to splice any wiring for that at all. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
You DO know that there are halogen replacement bulbs that plug right into the stock back up sockets that are 50 watts, right? You wouldn't have to splice any wiring for that at all. Just a thought.
but as usual on these jeeps the stock reflectors suck and leave much to be desired when backing up.

OP: i cant remember off the top of my head which wire i tapped. if noone else has replied by later this afternoon ill check when i get done with my classes.

·
Registered
137 Posts
White is +, black is ground. Use either black, they're the same just one goes onward to the trailer harness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts