JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rolled the window up in the back and used the keepers to keep the window in the up postion. However the keepers held the rolled up window low and did not provide very good visablity out the back window. Is there an aftermarket solution to this using hook and pile material?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I used two safety pins in each strap to "shorten" them up so when you put the straps around the rolled up window, it holds the window tighter and higher. I take the bar out each time before I roll up the window and throw it in the back seat or leave it in the garage.

Hope this helps. I may have to try the velcro straps from Wal-Mart though.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I cut up an old backpack that I was throwing out, just used the nyoln part of the straps w the closures. So are you supposed to take out the tailgate bar or leave it when you roll up the window?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Well damn!! THAT's what those strechy loops are for....I never understand what they did and never noticed the snaps in the back :blush2:

G <-- too embarrassed to sign full name

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I just unzip the entire window to the point that there is about an inch or so still zipped on the drivers side. Then I just lay the window up against the tailgate. Almost 4 years later and my window is still pretty much scratch free.

Roll it up and you won't be able to see out of it in a year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts