JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there running a LoD rear bumper (or other bumper) with a 3.5" hole cut out for back-up lights. Looking for upgrade ideas. The lights that came with the bumper suck ...and are a bitch to get to. I'm planning to remove the bumper soon to do some work and want to change out lights when I do that ...looking for something bright and, when installed, is accessible without having to remove the bumper.

Thanks. :beer::beer:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Anyone out there running a LoD rear bumper (or other bumper) with a 3.5" hole cut out for back-up lights. Looking for upgrade ideas. The lights that came with the bumper suck ...and are a bitch to get to. I'm planning to remove the bumper soon to do some work and want to change out lights when I do that ...looking for something bright and, when installed, is accessible without having to remove the bumper.

Thanks. :beer::beer:
I am also running the same bumper. I was thinking about getting some white LED truck lights that would fit. Something similar to what was used here: http://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29642

I just have not had the time to search for them yet.

A quick google search found this likely candidate: http://vehiclelight.com/4roledbaupla.html

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah ...I saw eMETAL's post, that was great work ...looks stock. The 2nd link is exactly what I'm looking for, but 2" and 4" diameter is all I can find. I'm not absolutly opposed to drilling the holes to fit 4" ...but I only want to do that if it's the only way.

Thanks brother ...

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
I thought about cutting mine (Shrock) but don't really want to fawk up the powdercoat without repainting the whole thing......

Might have to recut the hole and redesign the back up lights then bedline the whole shebang.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
could you just replace the bulb for a better one?
Yeah ...that was my initial thought, but regardless, without redesigning it, I have to remove the whole bumper/tire carrier every/anytime I need to get to it (note to LoD ...flaw in design). Figured if I followed in eMETAL's footsteps I could make it easier to get to, and replacing it with LEDs would give it a longer lifespan.

I thought about cutting mine (Shrock) but don't really want to fawk up the powdercoat without repainting the whole thing......

Might have to recut the hole and redesign the back up lights then bedline the whole shebang.
I'm not totally against re-cutting the hole ...hitting the bumper with bedliner was something I was considering doing when I remove the bumper.

:beer::beer:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts