JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to pick up the reverse lamp circuit before the tail light, preferably around the firewall. My head unit requires a signal (12v) from the reverse lamp circuit to trigger the back-up camera when the vehicle is shifted into reverse. If I powered the camera directly at the tail lights I wouldn't be able to toggle it on when not in reverse. A wiring diagram appropriate for a 2014, manual shift, jku may get me there (with a little tutoring)....

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Doesn't the head unit require the 12v signal so it can switch the screen over to the rear camera video? So if you don't use the reverse, you would have to manually trigger a 12v source to the head unit when you wanted the rear camera view. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Correct, the head unit powers the camera, and "a few Jeeps" require an additional trigger from the reverse light circuit to switch the display to the rear view camera when the vehicle is shifted into reverse. Apparently I have one of the few jeeps..... I'm hoping to avoid running another wire from the head unit to the reverse lamp harness for the trigger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts