JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Just decided to join.. I actually had a couple questions about things for the Jeep and figured here would be a great place to ask them.
I have (It's mine and my Dad's) a 2010 Jeep Wrangler 4 door in blue. It's all stock :)\) except for the tires and rims.

First off.. We are looking into getting a lift. We know a spacer lift (If that's what it's called) is the cheapest way of going about it. I would like at least a 4 but I guess a spacer lift only goes to 2.5". I went to a local place who said they do them for around $400 or we can buy a kit and take it in and they'll do it for a labor charge. $400 we are thinking would be a good price range to stay in.. What are some good lifts for around that price?

·
Registered
604 Posts
You should join some of the local groups on a run and see what every one else has. There's everything from mild to wild on the trails and some don't lift at all and do just fine.

It really depends on budget and what you're looking to accomplish.

There's a couple runs up the backway to Crown King on Saturday Feb 11th. You should join one of them. Any stock 4x4 can do the trail.

Welcome to JKO.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,216 Posts
Get the spacer lift and install it with your dad, its easy. Welcome to JKO!

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,961 Posts
Welcome to JKO!

TJT hit the nail on the head, Do a couple of trails, check out some rigs, then start making your build plans. I am running a $200 spacer lift kit with stock Rubicon wheels/tires and there haven't been too many places I haven't been able to go. Knowing your ability and driving skill has a lot more to do with enjoying these things than what you have done to them. A stock JK can take you a lot of places you wouldn't expect. :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
First of all, welcome! Check out the AZ thread in the southwest section. Secondly, I'm running a 2.5" puck lift and have no complaints yet. My advice is the same as Tony and Chris... check out other rigs! There are lots of us around here who would be glad to take you out.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome, and good luck with your choice of lift. Figure out what you are trully wanting to do, then go from there. I started small and cheap and now I am going for gold in TrailMasters new stealth long arm kit. Good luck with whatever you decide!:koolaid:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Welcome!! :beer::beer::beer: ........Wait.....18?....... OK..... Give the beers to your old man....... he's gonna need them when he starts seeing the price tag of all the mods you will be wanting! Just kidding..... Just follow what has already been said... get to know what it can do, what you can do and then figure out what more you want it to do. But most of all be safe, have fun and enjoy the time with your dad!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you all. And yes, I'm 18. My Dad's 50. We've had the Jeep for just over a year now and love it. I was talking to a friend at school today who told me not to go with a body lift because it bends the body and the doors don't end up closing after awhile.. Is this true?
And what are some brands to stay away from and what are good?
This weekend (the 11th) is the ONLY day this week I work.. So I don't think we can make it to Crown King. :\ Which sucks.. I love it up there. :)

And yes... I want to do soooo many things with the Jeep. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.