JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is our annual pre-Jeep 101 clinic to give new Jeepers a general intro to 4-wheeling:

Beginners’ 4wd Clinic
Table Mesa AZ
Free!

Date: Sunday, December 12, 2010

Time: 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM

Meet place: Table Mesa Recreation Area
(I-17 exit #236, west on Table Mesa Rd. Map provided to confirmed participants. )

Vehicle requirements:
• 4L transfer case (if you are not sure, call)
• All tires and spare in good working order

Topics include:
• Basic trail and club etiquette
• Basic preparation
• 2H, 4H, 4L: Which one and why
• Airing down tires: When and how much
• Clearance, articulation, surface traction, and “picking a line”
• Terrain types: sand, rocks and wash-outs—typical AZ backroads.

For new 4-wheelers:
If you want to understand how your Jeep functions on the trail…
If you want to try out some trails, but have hesitated to join a club run…
If you are pretty sure you don’t want any “rock rash” …
This is the course for you!

This is an on-trail clinic—all relevant discussion and questions are encouraged. Scratches and body damage are not likely on the main route, though drivers wishing to take more adventurous options may encounter brush or skid plate contact.

Led by
Nena Barlow of Barlow Jeep Rentals & Sedona Jeep School
Darryl Ranges of Sedona 4wd Solutions

Limit 12 vehicles. Sign-up now!
Email [email protected] with:
1. Your name
2. Your cell phone number
3. Vehicle description: year, model, any modifications

For questions or sign-up contact us at: [email protected] (928) 274-0570

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Will we actually be shown how to PROPERLY shift our JK transfer cases and not blame the orange clip when it breaks??? :shaking: :thefinger:

·
Vendor
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And for those of you that miss the Beginners' Clinic, we have Jeep 101 scheduled for Saturday, January 15 at Florence Jct.--more details to come as they get finalized. FYI, Jeep 101 is geared for rock crawling, whereas this Beginners' Clinic is a more ground-up comprehensive off-pavement introduction.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm in!

Downloading app now.

·
Vendor
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, we are officially FULL! We do keep a waiting list, because 2-3 folks usually have to cancel before the event, so if you really want in, let me know and I will notify in order of any available spots.

Thank you for a great response! I look forward to another great event!

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
That's pretty cool. The wife and I will be out in the area around Christmas time. Anything going on then? Assuming my heep is fixed.

·
Vendor
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all who attended! Great day--lots of fun, ooohing, and cheering. Everyone participated with enthusiasm and picked up quickly on the techniques.
Pics by Ken T. on our FB page: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=256993&id=109873980597

Now for rockcrawling 101 next month! 1/15/11 at Table Mesa AZ is our VirtualJeepClub.com annual Wheeling 101: http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/show...-Wheeling-101-classes&highlight=raw+deal+nena

No events planned for Christmas--we are all hopping busy! If nothing else, stop by our shop in Sedona for trail maps and info!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts