JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I personally would not wheel anywhere south of the i-10 in the phoenix area. There's a lot of history near the border but until they build a complete wall im not wheeling anywhere close to the border.

Jd
Now I know where all the border rumors are coming from.:shitstorm:
The Gila bens area is indeed bad. Right down here actually along the border is not so much a problem. See they are just crossing and don't want any problems. By the time they get up your way, they are pissed hungry likely lost and behind schedual for the dope delivery and are willing to do what every they have to do.
I would however always recomend travel in a group adn of course be armed.
Now with that said, anyone what to come down this way for a border tour. Check my web site there are some great places to have a look at!

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Now I know where all the border rumors are coming from.:shitstorm:
The Gila bens area is indeed bad. Right down here actually along the border is not so much a problem. See they are just crossing and don't want any problems. By the time they get up your way, they are pissed hungry likely lost and behind schedual for the dope delivery and are willing to do what every they have to do.
I would however always recomend travel in a group adn of course be armed.
Now with that said, anyone what to come down this way for a border tour. Check my web site there are some great places to have a look at!
Its not a rumor I have started its fact, the border area is dangerous period. The worst is between Gila Bend and Casa Grande not sure about the Tucson area.

Jason

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Its not a rumor I have started its fact, the border area is dangerous period. The worst is between Gila Bend and Casa Grande not sure about the Tucson area.

Jason
Yes, Gila Bend, Casa Grandee BAD.. Down here not too bad.. Oh, and the DEvils Highway is ok also..

Bring a new 2012 down here and I'll show you some nice places..

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
yeah but

I have worked remote construction sites all along the border for 15 years. and I mean within feet not 60 miles to CG. I can see Mexico from my cabins front porch. I have seen ALOT but, I will not be scared off my own land:flipoff: and ya know what I'm not, scared......just cautious and aware

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
In my mind wheeling down at a dangerous section at the border with your family is like poking and bee hive and wondering why your in the ER with 50 bee stings. I will not put my family in harms way. By my self/group with lots of guns maybe!

Jason

·
Registered
668 Posts
The gfs parents live out on 229th and lower buckeye. We wheel there all the time. Most of the time theres a group of three or more but we night wheel out there alot. For the most part I usually have my pistol with me but anytime I go out I have my gun with me it doesnt matter where you are you might run into someone. Or something that you might need to defend yourself.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,945 Posts
Always armed and carrying extra ammo, hope it never gets used, but if the shitheads of the world want to drag me into a gun battle so be it. I have the right to defend myself, my family, and my friends while out enjoying this hobby or just running errands. I try to avoid questionable areas while wheeling, especially places in southern Phoenix like the river beds.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.