JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I JUST BROKE MY FRONT AXLE ON MY DANA 44 . ANYONE HAVE ANY RECOMMENDATIONS ON WHAT AXLES TO REPLACE WITH? I WANT TO STAY WITH THE 44’S

·
Registered
81 Posts
Did you break the housing or the inner shafts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
axle

:bawling:broke mine twice running 37 km2, replaced with superior axle and since wheeled hard without glitch:mr-t:

·
Registered
28 Posts
There is a big difference in how they are made.
Go Superior, and read Billavista's review over on pirate regarding how its done.
true, but all the manufacturers have american and foreign made shafts, so depending on which you get, the quality goes up and down.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfj aka tambil
There is a big difference in how they are made.
Go Superior, and read Billavista's review over on pirate regarding how its done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dook
true, but all the manufacturers have american and foreign made shafts, so depending on which you get, the quality goes up and down.

-----------------------------
Just to clarify, does Superior have "american and foreign made shafts"? Are you suggesting there is a quality variation between Superior shafts?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dook

-----------------------------
Just to clarify, does Superior have "american and foreign made shafts"? Are you suggesting there is a quality variation between Superior shafts?
just about any of the manufacturers have american blanks and imported blanks. As to whether they have a strength difference is a matter of opinion I suppose. Whether Superior uses import or not, I am not certain on, maybe I shouldn't have said ALL the manufacturers when I don't know for certain. I know if you order shafts from Dutchman, they can cut you either kind of blanks. You'll have quality variation in shafts regardless though. Just the name of the game.

Don't even mess around with all that junk. Get the best and not a lot more money. LIFE TIME WARRANTY

http://www.longfieldsuperaxles.com/
Bobby makes great products, no doubt about that. He started addressing birfield issues with toyota guys and he's just rolled with it.

·
Registered
792 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts