JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got a question for y’all. Why don’t everyone use full size axles when swapping out. I read that everyone narrowed down their 1 tons for trail rides. Would it matter if I didn’t? Pros and cons please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Plenty of folks use junkyard 1 tons at original WMS. Not sure where you're getting your info. Reasons to go with factory JK WMS may have to do with avoiding tires sticking out too much, slinging mud everywhere...

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
I think you are confusing junkyard swaps with crate axles. I cant think of anyone who did a junkyard swap and narrowed the axles. Crate axles on the other hand for the most part comin in ~68" wide variety which is slightly wider than stock JK width but narrower than most factory width 60s found under trucks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have to ask is the same axles that came with a motor and transmission able to be used for a Jk swap? They handle the torque and hp already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Dafuq you talking 'bout bro?

I assume you are asking, can I get a donor vehicle that has 1-ton axles underneath it and use the engine/trans as well? Of course you can, anything is possible. Depending on how integrated you want the new engine in the old vehicle will determine cost. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
A good way to think about swapping others' OEM stuff into your jeep is individually. Dana 60 / Super Duty front axles have lots of aftermarket support for swapping into JK. So does the 14 bolt. The Super Duty Sterling 10.9 rear can work, but has some interference issues that many choose not to fool with.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts