JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seal was leaking on the rear so i pulled the axle to see what was up. i stand the axle up and i cant believe the spines are not straight. you can see where they ride in the carrier and from that point to the end of the shaft they are a little off on an angle.:shaking: i didn't take a pick but wtf. my question is, is this normal or do i see an axle failure in my future.

·
Registered
399 Posts
That's not an uncommon thing with any OEM shafts. Torque meets resistance and that's what happened to give. You'll want to replace/upgrade those shafts before it breaks off inside the carrier.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
only difference is the my inner splines are straight and the outer are twisted:shaking: OK so what axles did you guys go with, alloy USA? i see they have a ten year warranty. maybe the dealer will warranty?:smokin:

·
Registered
397 Posts
only difference is the my inner splines are straight and the outer are twisted:shaking: OK so what axles did you guys go with, alloy USA? i see they have a ten year warranty. maybe the dealer will warranty?:smokin:

Superior EV52's, 10 year warranty also

We tried the dealer route, got denied. Even put the 32's back on before taking it in, didn't help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts