JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friend of mine has a 07 jk rubicon and it has a leaky front inner axle seal. the proplem im having is they arnt that esay to find, the only place that list it is kragen. i would like to know its right before i tear it apart.the part number is a national sbk1.anyone know if this is right or if anyone has replaced this what pn did you use?

thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just a suggestion...have you checked with a Jeep's parts counter? I can't imagine that there would be a huge price difference for just an axle seal, plus you know it'll fit right.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill try the parts counter if i have to, last time i had our local one look something up for me it was head studs for my 88 and the guy had no idea what i was talking about.as far as the warranty, i dont know if they will cover it because we have put a hub conversion in it and thats when it started leaking.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I have bought them from Jeep, not too expensive. Be carefull the 30 and 44 use the same seal but the listing on the 30 was the wrong part. Check to make sure the housing is not bent, they leak when you bend the housing.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Check to make sure the housing is not bent, they leak when you bend the housing.
How would you know that? ;) :D

I'm guessing they got damaged when the shafts were put back in after the hub conversion kit was installed, it is pretty easy to damage them if you are not careful.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i got it figured out. i put a hub convrsion and superior evo shafts in it, when i called sup they told me you have to run a different seal on the pass side that is why it was leaking. the sup shafts are smaller on the seal surface than the stock ones

1 - 8 of 8 Posts