JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Dana 44 rear axle in my 2007 wrangler x. I am trying to figure out what to do for better traction due to not having a limited slip or lockers. I double checked this a few minutes ago by lifting the back , turning one wheel and watched the other. To my dismay the wheel flinched in the opposite direction but did not move more than a small flinch as I continued to turn the other wheel??? I thought that the other wheel would turn in the opposite direction while I cranked on the other side???? I'm lost. Wes:shaking:

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Was the vehicle in neutral? If not then that is what I would expect. Put in N and try again and they should spin in opposite directions.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
DHUUUUUUUUUU. Ok, I never claimed to be very bright. I can't believe that I did that. So what is the best way to get performance out of the original set up with out spending 800-1,000 dollars on Detroit lockers?

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
DHUUUUUUUUUU. Ok, I never claimed to be very bright. I can't believe that I did that. So what is the best way to get performance out of the original set up with out spending 800-1,000 dollars on Detroit lockers?
You could try and see if there is an Aussie to fit, but unless you install them yourself, you are going to be getting close to the price of a selectable locker.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I have a Dana 44 rear axle in my 2007 wrangler x. I am trying to figure out what to do for better traction due to not having a limited slip or lockers. I double checked this a few minutes ago by lifting the back , turning one wheel and watched the other. To my dismay the wheel flinched in the opposite direction but did not move more than a small flinch as I continued to turn the other wheel??? I thought that the other wheel would turn in the opposite direction while I cranked on the other side???? I'm lost. Wes:shaking:
I could be wrong but I thought that my 07 “X” has Dana 44 with limited slip??? I didn’t think jeep would put out a “4X4” without at least that. What’s on the front just a peg leg?:bounce:

G

·
0 Posts
If you aren't going to add some sort of traction device like lockers or limited slips, then something else you can do is work on improving the articulation of your suspension. If it articulates very well, you will have all 4 wheels on the ground most of the time. In that case, you will improve your traction significantly over a poorly articulating suspension that allows one or two wheels to lift, resulting in little to no traction.

If you do decide to add a traction device, which would be a very nice modification, I'd wait a little longer and get a selectable locker. You will love it every time you wheel!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts