JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO has anyone ran into this issue yet. My cab lights will not turn off on my 2007 4 door. I can turn the dimmer knob and it will dim the instrument panel but it will not turn off the auxillery lights. I have tried pushing the rear light to see if it was turned on but it is not. It is going to drain my battery if I keep the cables connected. If I move the dimmer knob it will very quickly (less than I second) turn it off but its more of a flicker. I have checked all of the doors, I have unplugged the cables to try to reset anything that may have been out of whack but nothing worked. Any ideas on this...

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
ALL LAMPS IN THE COURTESY LAMP CIRCUIT DO NOT EXTINGUISH

1. Ineffective ajar switch.
Test and replace a door ajar or liftgate ajar switch if required.

2. Ineffective ajar switch sense circuit.
Test and repair the shorted ajar switch sense circuit if required.

3. Ineffective TIPM inputs or outputs.
Use a diagnostic scan tool to test the TIPM inputs and outputs. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.

4. Ineffective EMIC inputs or outputs.
Use a diagnostic scan tool to test the EMIC inputs and outputs. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Try unplugging all of the door wires.

·
Registered
2 door 2010 JK sport
913 Posts
If I leave a door open, the interior lights will eventually shut off - even if I've turned the lights on by hitting the light in the rear.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
if its a door trigger, the dash will usually say "door" or "gate". if it WAS and door trigger, unplugging the doors would sort out which one was the problem.

is it only the rear light over the back seat? is so, its also a push-on/push-off light. my kids hit it and left it on several times.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No its all of the interior lights. My jeep is still at the dealership. They replaced the TIMP and EMIC and still wont turnoff. At this point they have no idea what the heck it is. They wanted to know if it was something to do with my procal. I am going to go pick it up tomorrow and mess with it my self. I told them I wanted it back for the weekend to see what I could find. No telling.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
When I stripped mine for Line-X they lost the nut that grounded the harness on the driver's side. This not only affected the interior lights, but the tail lights as well. Any other electrical gremlins such as flickering tail lights?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts