JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We all know the stock headlights on the jk are nothing special....thats what i have.....so im planning on getting hid headlights but then i still want some auxiliary lighting what would be my best options?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
two daylighters on top of the "mini" stinger, or sitting on either side of it on the bumper, and there is always the windshield mount idea... personally i have windsheild mouted lights and 4 on a light bar on the top...

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
im also a fan of the windshield mounted ones. ive got two kc slimlights up there on rugged ridge brackets.

·
Registered
2 door 2010 JK sport
913 Posts
You can check out the AUX HID Light review I did on some 6" Eagle Eye HID lights.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I like the look of the windshield lights or I'd consider hanging them under the 'mini' stinger.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I run IPFs on rugged ridge brackets (they have the 55w bulbs)

OT
gcologne25 - can you post a closer picture of your steering? looks strange to me

·
Registered
799 Posts
:D Yea, KC windshield lights/w brackets and/or NAVIGATOR fog lights with wiring/switch/connectors and relay

Plenty lighting

:grinpimp::grinpimp: JIMBO

·
Registered
694 Posts
Did you get your rig from Autonow/Liftedtrucks.com in Phoenix? They are friends of mine...

We manufacture and sell an affordable HID light in both 4" and 7". They are approx 3 times brighter than a typical halogen, and are only 35 watt, and draw much less power at just over 3 amps. The light is "whiter" than a halogen also. RDM Offroad and Trail Duty are two of our dealers and sponsors here. Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am running the HIDx 7" lights on windsheild mounts. Great for running the washes at night in the desert! Very high quality white light, low voltage draw, easy to install. :beer::beer:

·
Registered
2 door 2010 JK sport
913 Posts
While I can't speak for the HIDx lights, I did a review on the Rugged Ridge lights (see sig). With the similiarities of their apearance I would expect the results to be similar (durability & track record is another matter).

This should give you an idea as to the light output and my thoughts on these lights.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you get your rig from Autonow/Liftedtrucks.com in Phoenix? They are friends of mine...

We manufacture and sell an affordable HID light in both 4" and 7". They are approx 3 times brighter than a typical halogen, and are only 35 watt, and draw much less power at just over 3 amps. The light is "whiter" than a halogen also. RDM Offroad and Trail Duty are two of our dealers and sponsors here. Let me know if you have any questions.

Yes i did.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Here are mine..

·
Registered
221 Posts
If you want cheap....I got my light from Princess Auto (american equivalent- harbour frieght) for 35 bucks a piece and did some quick welding for mounts i also have a light bar with 6 55w fogs on it.

for some reason I cant link the pic right now but there on here some where

·
Registered
691 Posts
Here's mine... And I guess you could say that, I'm afraid of the dark...:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts