JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to ship the Jeep to EJS next year The 35 hr drive from Florida was fun...Once..lol,any one have a reliable shipper you would recommend or ones to stay away from..Thanks

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Biggest advice that I have is to try to avoid the brokers. They all say that they work for the actual trucking company but 99% of the time they make promises about things that they have no control over and what ever the "deposit" is, is their commission. I had one that quoted me a price and guaranteed me that there wouldn't be any additional charges upon deliver. Of course there was so I disputed the charges for the deposit with the credit card company, which was just a little more than the discrepancy, and after sending the contract to Visa, the charges disappeared from my bill and I never heard anymore about it from Visa. The broker, however, threatened me every way from Sunday but they never got the money back and I got the transport for just a little less than the quote over the whole thing.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Biggest advice that I have is to try to avoid the brokers. They all say that they work for the actual trucking company but 99% of the time they make promises about things that they have no control over and what ever the "deposit" is, is their commission. I had one that quoted me a price and guaranteed me that there wouldn't be any additional charges upon deliver. Of course there was so I disputed the charges for the deposit with the credit card company, which was just a little more than the discrepancy, and after sending the contract to Visa, the charges disappeared from my bill and I never heard anymore about it from Visa. The broker, however, threatened me every way from Sunday but they never got the money back and I got the transport for just a little less than the quote over the whole thing.
Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I know exactly what you mean about long trips in the JK. I drove from Denver to Boise and back once. (1000 miles each way and with kids) Most of that drive is from 7500 to 10'000 ft and the Jeep wouldn't hold overdrive and 3rd was too low. So it was either keep it at about 82 so it would hold OD or slow to like 55 and keep it in 3rd. I think I ended up getting about 10 mpg that trip and swore to never drive it that far again.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts