JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 JKU was recently stolen and recovered. Among a few other issues that have been repaired, they knocked my rear view mirror off of the windshield a tried cutting the wiring harness with a pocket knife. (They must have thought it had some sort of tracking device in the mirror) This mirror has the compass, 2 reading/dome lamps and the auto-dimming feature. I've replaced the wiring harness and the mirror. (All brand new, not salvage). The lights come on when the door is opened, but the green light for the auto dim does not illuminate and the dash isn't recognizing that there's a compass. Normally it would show on the gauge right next to the outside temp. Now it has - -.
I've checked all the fuses under the hood. All good. Any clues??? All help is appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Kevin. No I haven't, but that's worth a shot. It has to go back to Jeep on Monday to have some sort of air bag harness replaced behind the grill, (Jeep recall thing). I'll try the battery idea. If it's still a "no" I'll have them look at it. No big deal except it worked before the theft, now it doesn't.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts