JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running an Aussie locker in the D30? I just ordered gussets that will be installed this week and thinking about the Aussie locker for the front. Any advice

·
Registered
646 Posts
I have one, no regents. Stock shaft with 33s let go at the ear. Chromoly shafts replaced them and no problems since.

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts
Have one - over four years. great bang for the buck

35's 5:13's, stock shafts.. I do carry stock trail spares because I have eaten a few short side u joints

and I live in new England - so they are fine on ice and snow !

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm running 37" MTR's. I have 4 spare shafts and surprisingly I haven't broke a single one yet.

I wheel at least twice a week from May-Nov but I do go easy and try and limit wheel spin to a minimum especially with the wheels turned.

I am planning on an R-SE outer truss to add some rigidity to the tubes

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm running 37" MTR's. I have 4 spare shafts and surprisingly I haven't broke a single one yet.

I wheel at least twice a week from May-Nov but I do go easy and try and limit wheel spin to a minimum especially with the wheels turned.

I am planning on an R-SE outer truss to add some rigidity to the tubes
You made me realize I forgot to mention when the shaft ear/u-joint failed. I was hammering the throttle getting rough some thick mud and I was cross threading the ruts. I had the chromoly shafts at the house and it was the 2nd trip out with the Aussie. I was being irresponsible with the throttle and wheel spin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts