JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching and haven't found an answer. I drive at least 100 miles a day on the highway and have a few friends that have beadlocks, some have horrible vibrations and some ride clean. Does anyone have any experience with balancing or driving with slabs? I have the trail grapplers on 37s right now with stock wheels. Thanks!:koolaid:

· Research, bro!
2,220 Posts
I have about 4000 mine on mine with 37" Pitbull Rockers. It took a lot of weight to balance - something like 8, 9, 10, and 12 oz on the tires (5th has 15ish!). First 3000 ride was real smooth (considering my choice of tires). After rotation, I have a mild steering shake at in the 40-43 mph range. Personally, I attribute it more to the tires than the wheel. I check torque fairly consistently and after the third or fourth retorqueing, the bolts were holding very well. I had one bolt, once, that was noticably looser than any of the others in my checking.

My mileage consists of mainly driving 200ish miles to and then back to trails and the occasional drive around town - not my DD.

· Registered
1,614 Posts
What about with balancing? Beads or weights?
ive used both.. i think the weights are more reliable. ive also had some beadlocks that i didnt balance at all and they drove great with out anything. i would put them together and take a drive and see how they feel. might get lucky. or some people have had good luck with airsoft pellets.

· Registered
226 Posts
Check out B.A.D Wheels. They are DOT approved and use a different system to lock the tire. I dont have any experience with them, but it looks to be a better option for e DD.

· Registered
1,802 Posts
i run 37'' trail grapplers on slabs.

i dont daily drive them (i put on some 35s with different wheels), but i wouldnt hesitate at all. they dont leak down, i needed absolutely zero balancing medium with the trail grapplers and wheels, and ride is very comfortable.

· Mechanic
1,070 Posts
ive got em with 37" nitto trail grapplers. most weight that one took was 2.25 oz. no vibrations even at highway speeds. I just check the torque on the wheels once a month and before every trail ride - takes about 5-10 minutes to do all 5.

· Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Does discount tire mess with mounting or balancing?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
They won't mount them. I think they'll balance them for you.

· Registered
58 Posts
The ATX slab is a real beadlock with 24 bolts around the rim. I run them with 37" pitbull rockers. they ride smooth on the freeway and have balanced pretty well. I check the bolts every month or so with very little adjustment. Jeep add-ons got me a great price on the slabs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.