JKOwners Forum banner

Attachments?

1K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  jdemonto 
#1 ·
Not sure if this is the right forum, but I'm not understanding the attachment logic on JKowners... I posted two pics and now I'm out of "quota". Am I supposed to just destroy posts from 2 weeks ago in order to get myself more quota, or what? It seems very restrictive.

I've seen per post restrictions on nearly every forum, but never a grand total of all pics you've ever posted restriction. Anyone who's been around for a few months, and actually participated, is going to be done.

#3 ·
No, it looks like it has a total limit, in bytes, for the sum of all pictures you ever uploaded. I tried to add a single picture to a post and it said I was over quota. Am I missing something?

#4 ·
yup... a red star:thefinger:

seriously tho, there is a total amount of data you are allowed to upload, buying a star gives you more available data, (data is based on the resolution, size, and number of pics)

or, like mentioned above, simply use a photo hosting site like photobucket, thats what most guys here are doing...

#6 ·
Mastiff, it costs 20 dollars for a red star membership and can be found by going to USER CP (top left of the JKO web page tool bar). Go to the bottom where it says "Paid Subscriptions".

There are other websites that allow other things, but they also restrict content (like JKF which will not allow you to post about certain companies without getting band). This website allows you to pretty much post anything you want because nobody here is thin skinned (for the most part).

Also, for the $20 membership, you get access to the "Trailer Park" under chit chat which is where everything is posted that is not for childrens' eyes (35% rule). You also get "red star" giveaway eligibility when the vendors give things away on here for JKO red star members. Doesn't happen all the time, but they do give stuff away here. You also get reduced "search time", more photo upload ability, etc.

It's up to you....there are lots of people here that are not red star members.

#8 ·
... I posted two pics and now I'm out of "quota".
If you're out of quota after only two pics then you need to compress your picture size before you upload it. A picture posted on this sight should be around 60kb's or less. However, doing this will still only allow you to post 12 or 15 photos. So either invest in a red star or a photobucket account.

#9 ·
I'm used to forums scaling down my pics for me when they are big. I didn't know the policy. :shaking:

So what's the quota with a red star?

I find the policy slightly strange since half the time posting pics is for the benefit of other people, not the poster. Forcing people to describe stuff in words may not be the best idea. You know, it takes 1000 of them and all.

I'm just observing BTW, I know I'm using a free service right now, they can do whatever they want.

#12 · (Edited)
No limit...
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/payments.php
Extreme Membership (Red Star)
Extreme Membership (Red Star)
Support the #1 JK Community on the Internet for only a few pennies a day! Currently Red star members get the following added benefits:

* A Red Star next to your name
* Unlimited uploads (registered members are only allowed 10mb)
* Much larger PM Box 500PMs vs. 100PMs for registered members
* Ability to post events in the Calendar
* Custom title under your name
* Larger profile picture than registered members
* 10 seconds between searches vs. 90 seconds for regular members.
* Qualify for all red star member only product giveaways

If you are a current red star member, your account will automatically renew on your expiration date. There is no need to renew. If your account doesn't automatically renew, feel free to contact us. If you don't want your star to automatically renew, you can cancel your automatic subscription in Paypal.
FWIW I only have 7 attachments (I had no idea, just looked). I always use photobucket, only thing is you have to be careful to not move or delete photos that would break links. Also currently rocking 420 pm's so it works good for me.

#14 ·
I think the registered member quota must be 1 MB now, not 10. I certainly didn't upload any 5 MB images.

Anyway, thanks for the info. I'll think about whether I want to upgrade.

#16 ·
Not a problem, but I have no account there and it probably triples the length of time to make a simple post anyway. I'm lazy, what can I say. I want to attach the photo and be done with it.

#18 ·
yeah but the photbucket account is free, gives you pretty much unlimited storage, resizes for you, lets you edit, crop or whatever plus upload video
and its accessible to ANY site if you wanna post it elsewhere or just show someone a pic via the net

email a link to a pic or album or just pull up your pb account at someone's house or whatever
plus if you have an iphone - i think droid has an app now too, you can upload directly from your phone

it actually works out a lot better for me at least.

c'mon, we're jeepers - we fix problems instead of complaining about them!

well ok, we may complain a bit at first too, but then we fix it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.