JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Now that is a pretty cool product!
Amazing how it only raises the roofline by 6 inches. $4400 doesns't really seem that bad. I want to see what the inside of the JK looks like.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I am pretty sure those are the same pictures that were Photoshopped by them on the Expedition Portal. I don't think we will se the real thing until the Overland Expo in a few weeks.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Holy fawk $4400????? I wonder what that little trailer goes for...

It is nice but damn.
I think it is a good price. A hardtop alone is close to $2500 and most of the offroad trailers I have seen are around $4000. It is a compact design, you don't have to pull it and the tent is much larger than the rooftop tents I have seen. I do want to see interior shots of the topper though. Anyone got pics?

·
Registered
479 Posts
I kind of agree, price is in range, and definitely is stream line, yet, looks structurally sound. Interior pics will be intersting to see. I'm 5-5, little woomba is 5-8, seems like it would work. So, If I sell my hard top, I could recoup close to half the cost. Hmm, thinking, thinking.....

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
I'd be worried that the jeep will be way too top heavy.

I had the ARB roof top tent mounted to the cargo master Kongo Kage and when ever I was on something steep or off camber I could feel and see the opposite side wheels coming off the ground
Good point, I hadn't thought of that although if I remember correctly, the unit was not much heavier than stock. Probably not meant for extreme angles though.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
I didn't research it well enough.... I thought it was just a tent topper... didn't realize that it replaced the hard top.

That price isn't "too" bad after all. I would like to see the inside shot as well.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I really wish AEV would make the one they had a SEMA a few years ago that just popped up at the back and was hinged at the front. All I need is a place to lay down and sleep.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts