JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fucking pissed my jeep got broken into! They went through all of my stuff and stole my subs. It was locked too! Like fuck how can i keep this shit safe? The police are assigning a detective to the case but unless its sold at a pawnshop i won't find it. Thank god for insurance but they are fighting not to cover it. Im so mad my acid reflux is flaring up. Just needed to find a way to vent

sent via SPLOOGE!!

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Obvious I know... but make sure they didn't get any receipts or anything like that from the glove-box... oil change receipts, etc.. personal info.

Good luck getting things taken care of.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Obvious I know... but make sure they didn't get any receipts or anything like that from the glove-box... oil change receipts, etc.. personal info.

Good luck getting things taken care of.
i didn't even think about that! Ill monitor my accounts. Thank you

sent via SPLOOGE!!

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
I'm fucking pissed my jeep got broken into! They went through all of my stuff and stole my subs. It was locked too! Like fuck how can i keep this shit safe? The police are assigning a detective to the case but unless its sold at a pawnshop i won't find it. Thank god for insurance but they are fighting not to cover it. Im so mad my acid reflux is flaring up. Just needed to find a way to vent

sent via SPLOOGE!!
How do you keep it safe? Don't put it in a vehicle. Doesn't matter what you drive, someone can get in it. Which is why the most valuable thing in my Jeep is a $50 CB radio...

Really sucks to hear your shit got jacked, but it's really inevitable if you have something easy to take or someone wants it. Even if it was super secured to the floor, they'd probably just destroy it and you'd be just as fucked.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do you keep it safe? Don't put it in a vehicle. Doesn't matter what you drive, someone can get in it. Which is why the most valuable thing in my Jeep is a $50 CB radio...

Really sucks to hear your shit got jacked, but it's really inevitable if you have something easy to take or someone wants it. Even if it was super secured to the floor, they'd probably just destroy it and you'd be just as fucked.
i only seem to have problems with the OEM top as far as theft is concerned. I'm going to get a more sensitive alarm installed thats for sure

sent via SPLOOGE!!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I'm sorry bro. I feel your pain. I've had 2 sets of subs, radios, and amps stolen from my old truck. I got tired of buying that shit all the time and said fuck it. Can't have nice shit cuz some ass clown will steal it. Sucks. But insurance was a bitch both times for me. They didnt cover my subs or amp cuz it wasn't "bolt on factory replacement." They gave me money for the radio though. Hope they dont pull that shit with you. Make sure you give the detective every possible piece of info on your stuff too. The first detective never returned any of my calls lol. Hope everything gets better for ya. Good luck.

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
How to protect against it? Ain't a way I've ever seen. When shitbags want your stuff and you aint there, they're just gonna take it. Best defense there is to leave nothin of value for them.

And as someone once mentioned here in these hallowed halls, it aint so much an if but a when as it applies to someone breaking into a Jeep.

Sucks about the subs.

·
Coonasian
1,835 Posts
Sorry, Man, that sucks but most everyone goes through it at some time. Hold their feet to the fire! :(

·
V8 dreams
3,568 Posts
Next time, you make handles with razorblades on the inside. Blood samples will help track the fucker. Sucks this time though.
Or pufferfish toxin...that'd be sweet.

And when this happened to me years ago, not shit got covered. Had to have a separate policy for added equipment like that. Good luck with yours

Vandy

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Personal property stolen from inside a vehicle is often covered under a homeowner's policy. Check your policy coverage if you have homeowner's insurance or renter's insurance. If it was stolen at work, there my be a vandalism and theft rider written in the policy covering the parking lot or parking structure. Ask your office manager or landlord. Hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Personal property stolen from inside a vehicle is often covered under a homeowner's policy. Check your policy coverage if you have homeowner's insurance or renter's insurance. If it was stolen at work, there my be a vandalism and theft rider written in the policy covering the parking lot or parking structure. Ask your office manager or landlord. Hope it works out for you.
Its going to be covered under my auto. That's good because my homeowners has $1000 deduct able vs $500 on my auto. Thanks tho. Since venting a bit i fell better.

sent via SPLOOGE!!

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Its going to be covered under my auto. That's good because my homeowners has $1000 deduct able vs $500 on my auto. Thanks tho. Since venting a bit i fell better.

sent via SPLOOGE!!
That's great news. Are they going to cover the set of stolen Pro Rock 44s you had sitting in the cargo area also?

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
That sucks man. You need a trunk monkey.
Jersey Crew has one.

sent via SPLOOGE!!
You're having trouble falling too? That sounds like a rough day. When I have trouble falling, I drink booze. Works pretty well.:thefinger::thankyou::koolaid:

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
That sucks man, I hate guys who take other peoples stuff:thefinger:

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
That's why I have a shitty bazooka sub and nothing of value besides my iPod normally and I take that with during stops. Maybe an alarm would help?

Sorry to hear about this...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts